<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Don't know what you got till it's gone....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Don't know what you got till it's gone....

This week was a lesson in patience for me.  I'm not a patient person by nature.  I'm an excited person.  I'm a nervous person.

So, I busied myself this week while waiting to hear if I got a job I really, really, REALLY!!!!!!!!!! wanted.

I had a meeting with my doc this week about getting me nose fixed.  Stupid deviated septum came in handy as a major distraction, but only for a short time.  I couldn't schedule the surgery because of not knowing about the job.  That sorta brought my anxiety to the forefront yesterday.

I really want to get my nose fixed.  It's a pain to be congested all the time.  It sucks to not be able to breath, but I'm terrified of general anesthesia.  I know the risks a little too well, given that it's something I do for a living... Couple that with being unsure about a job... UGH!

I have put off applying other places in hopes of getting said job...

But, it's 5:17pm on Friday.  They told me they would have a decision made by Friday (today) at the latest.  I think my ability to hold out hope is officially diminished.

I have other options... I have a few other other opportunities... I just really wanted this one.

I guess it's true.  Sometimes you don't know how badly you want something until you don't get it/lose it.

It's not that I felt like my interview earlier in the week went fabulously.  It went OK.  I've felt better in the past about interviews, but I really wanted the job.  I would have loved it!

I'm very disappointed.

I guess it's onward and upward.  I'm sure I'll find something else that I will love just as much.  

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I am sorry about that job. Try to stay positive. You will find a better one!!

September 25, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home