<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Do you want the good news? Or bad news first?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Do you want the good news? Or bad news first?

Hello, my name is A Girl.  I'm a bit neurotic, a little high strung, but a whole lot of laughs if you let me be.  :)

I enjoy poking fun at what I'm pretty sure are secret blonde roots under my head of black hair.  I LOVE poking fun at my friends if they can poke back.  I rarely say serious things to people and love nothing more than a good joke I can share with my friends and husband.

So, what's the good joke today?

Today I saw my seventh (yes, count them- General practitioner,  Neurologist, ENT, Allergist, General Surgeon, Gastric Surgeon, ENT- for just nasal stuff, and ENT for just ears) doctor.  I have had four specialty tests done, two nasal scopes and, today I had a microscopic ear examination bilaterally.  This all translates to thousands of dollars my insurance has paid, and more out of pocket than I care to know...  I will have a final tally financially when I get my next bill.

The final conclusion?  The deviated septum (which was originally "slight" according to the first ENT) needs surgical correction and in theory will fix the congestion issues that I spent that last 10 years being told were allergies- until the allergist proved that incorrect a few months ago.  The ear pain?  TMJ.  Which I have had for ages and wear a bite guard for at night.  The ENT doc today said that he thinks, for reasons unknown, my TMJ suddenly flared up horribly and caused the ear pain that I had months ago.  He said this prolonged intermitted pain is likely the same thing, just less.  Oh, and I have hearing loss.  Which I already knew.

The super fun explanation?  I have such severe scar tissue on my ear drums from a childhood problem with chronic ear infections that I have circular scars that appear to look like bubbles (indicating fluid in the ears).  And the doc said it would be impossible to distinctly tell that without his fancy ear microscope.

So, basically the news today was, "You have TMJ, hearing loss and deviated septum!  Congrasts, these are things you already knew!"

Am I being punked?

So, I guess the good news is, I'm not dying, it's not a tumor, it's nothing serious, it's nothing to worry about.  The bad news is, I've paid a fortune to be told something that my dentist could probably have told me at my next 6 month check up, I still have to have surgery- though much more minor surgery than before, and there is nothing they can do for me.  I just have to live with the pain.

It's a good thing I love life enough to live in pain for the rest of it!  LOL! 

1 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Good grief!

September 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home