<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Whirlwind!!!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Whirlwind!!!

Well, last week was my first week being unemployed and the hubs was still out in the field.  I clean and what not, but was generally bored.

When the hubs got home Thursday night, we decided to do a whole lot.  It finally started to get legitimately warm in the Seattle area and I discovered that I have lost enough weight to feel good, but not enough to fit into my summer clothes.  So, we decided to take advantage of the 4th of July sales.  I got a bunch of new clothes and am feeling so much more confident that I don't look fat.  :)  And we didn't even spend a fortune.  The hubs got some stuff too.

Then we tested paint samples in our bedroom and entry.  But after we discovered an amazing deal at Lowe's for appliances.  We went for paint and came out with a new dishwasher and microwave!  LOL!  We have a Lowe's credit card, one of the few we have kept.  The reason is because we can get interest free financing on it.  Though financial experts will advise you against things like that, my hubs and I have purchased all of our big ticket items (HD big screen TV, washer and dryer, and now dishwasher and microwave) using this feature at various places and have always paid them off in time to not pay the interest.  We just buy things we know we can afford to pay off in time.  Such as, I know we can pay $100 a month for 9 months to pay off the various items we got at Lowe's, which is in half the amount of time our interest free financing runs.  :)

We had a birthday party for our friend who's birthday is actually the 4th of July.  I agreed to paint the spare bedroom and master bedroom this week and the hubs decided, that since I'm painting the spare bedroom, we should take the opportunity to get the shelves we've wanted.

So, my week has been:
Thursdays- dinner with the hubs
Friday- clothes shopping (which took all freaking day because I hate shopping and needed a dress for a wedding reception to boot!)
Saturday- Lowe's to get paint, which turned into hours of appliance shopping, paint samples, getting the paint, and so on and so forth
Sunday- A trip to Ikea, on a holiday weekend, which is already 40 minutes from our house, and hours spent debating, measuring and more debating about which shelves to get and how to maximize our space
Monday- Deep cleaning the upstairs, putting way the organization stuff I got at Ikea and friends b-day BBQ
Tues- more cleaning, commissary trip, various errands, bill paying, and such as I waited for the dishwasher that never arrived
Wend- clearing out spare room of everything, prepping spare room to be painted, painted said room (which took until midnight) and receiving new dishwasher
Thursday- Begging the husband to get the day off work to help me.  Running more errands, purchasing more things from Lowe's, debating about new fridge, touching up paint in spare room, cleaning up, building shelves and trying to put everything away while the hubs tries to fix an old leaking pipe under the kitchen sink so that new dishwasher (which should only take 10 minutes to hook up) can finally be hooked up.
Today- finish putting away room and reorganizing the whole house per husbands requests now that we have tons of extra shelving space in the spare room.  Hoping to finish cleaning to finish the rest of the organizing, bill paying and such that I need to do, so that we can hit the wedding reception tomorrow, so that I can prep and paint the master bedroom on Sunday, so I can have it put back together on Monday, so that Tues I can grocery shop, have lunch with a friend, and hit the little one's Vet appt so that Wend I can have an endoscopy and Thursday I can have a barium study so that the surgeon can decided my fate Thursday afternoon.

WHEW!!!!!  Too much going on and not enough time to do it!

But, once I get the spare room put back together, I will post pictures!  I think it looks awesome!  The color is super bold, but I think it's so pretty!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Sounds like good things! :)

July 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home