<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: When Furniture Fights Back...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

When Furniture Fights Back...

So, the spare room is all painted.  I have been working on getting it all put back.  Friday, I realized that I needed to make another trip to Ikea.  Ran down there to get another book case and some other things...

Saturday, I had a wedding reception to hit.  We woke up in the AM with plans to work on the spare room etc only to find our boy had explosive diarrhea all over the walls and floor!  He didn't even bark to tell us he needed to go out.  So, I had to take him to vet, which turned into a two hour ordeal because they were running behind.  Turns out to be a totally treatable, not big thing.  But this now meant we were two hours late to the reception.  Luckily, the bride and groom are very good friends of ours, with a new puppy, so they understood.  :)

But, we got out of there late, then got dinner, to come home exhausted.  Then, when the big kid was on his evening walk, his ear started to bleed.  We had just taped them again, and it was bleeding under the tape.  I tried to get the tape off to see what was up and tissue came with it.  So, we ended up at the ER because my adhesive remover is (literally) in the mail.  It's due to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.  So, we hit the ER to utilize their adhesive remover and skin glue.  The girl wrapped his ear to his head to help keep him from shaking it and causing it to bleed again.  I still don't know why it was bleeding to begin with, but the bandage didn't hold.  I hate to judge other techs, but she didn't put elasticon around the edges.  That is elastic tape that holds bandages in place and keeps them from sliding.  So, this AM, I used some roll gauze I have and some tape and redid his bandage.  He looks ridiculous, but it just needs to last until he stops bleeding and can really heal over.

So, I woke up this morning exhausted from the last week, in spite of having slept for 11 hours.  I finally got moving, and decided I would only do once coat of paint in the master bedroom so that I could build my little bookshelf and at least get the spare room mostly finished.

DISASTER!!!!!!!!!

I got the bookshelf put together and was trying to see where it would fit and look nice.  I set it against a wall and bent down to push some boxes out of the way, when the bookshelf fell on me.  I yelled and the hubs came running.  It took out my whole left arm and started to swell immediately.  I iced the main injury and noticed my hand was swelling too.  Fast.  So, we ran downstairs to make a bowl of ice water to get my hand in so that I could potentially get my rings off.  Which I did.  Thank Goodness!  But everything continued to swell.  I iced, rested, took anti-inflammatories.  You name it.  Two hours later, I still couldn't move my arm, my fingers, or make a fist.  So, we ended up in the ER.

The doc said he would call if the radiologist decided anything was broken, but that he thought it was just a really wicked soft tissue injury.  As in, I'm swollen from my shoulder to my fingers.  I still can't bend my arm, and I still can't make a fist...  But I can type, sort of.  It's painful to do, but I can do it.  And my arm is lumpy and I have huge bruises.  The doc even gave me a note saying I had to take it easy and "be restricted to light duty or ONE ARMED activities for the next 4-7 days."  LOL!  I'm not kidding.  He really said "one armed activities."
This isn't a great pic of my upper arm, but you can see the extra sexy bruise starting to set in.  And if you look at it from the side, it's all lumpy.  Lucky for me, the sling they told me to wear for the next week hits/rubs the upper part of the large bruise.  :(

So, the bedroom won't be getting painted, the spare room will only get finished if I can figure out how to do it one handed, and I will have to explain to the surgeon on Wednesday what happened.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I hate it when that happens. Ouch.
x

July 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home