<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Waiting, Anxious, Cleaning...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Waiting, Anxious, Cleaning...

So, I woke up today with a surge of ambition to finally clean the house.  My arm still hurst a fair amount, but really, it's more my joints.  I checked in with my doc yesterday and she assured me it's par for the course seeing as I had a bookcase thing fall on me.

Back to this AM- I decided to clean the house.  Not just clean, but CLEAN!!!!  I scrubbed, dusted, vacuumed and polished every surface.  Just as I was about to finish the upstairs and start vacuuming the stairs that would lead me downstairs, my phone rang.  Nothing important, but it caused me to pause and check my email.  Which led me to an email asking me for a phone interview.  Which caused me to email back that I was available today.

I went back to cleaning, but now had my phone on me just in case.  As I sat for a lunch break, it rang.

Now, I normally interview very well.  So well, that I feel like I might actually be a disappointment as an actual employee.  HAHA!  I never lie, I'm very honest about my strengths and weaknesses, but I'm also eager to learn, and am a pretty positive person.... Of course, y'all can't base this on my blog because I whine here ALOT!!!  But that is because it is actually one of the only places I do that, the other would be to my husband.

However, due to the quickness in which this interview happened, I do not feel that great about it.  I don't feel like I had my game face on.  I feel like I was unprepared.  This would probably be because at no point this morning did I think I had an interview, so I wasn't fully in interview mode.  I also didn't know if the person was going to email me with a specific time that she would call, or just call.  She opted for the latter.  :)

Luckily, I had the whole second floor of my house to clean.  This means, I have had very little time to focus on what a fool I think I might have made myself look like.  So, now, I'm anxiously awaiting the contact to let me know if I will be one of the lucky people invited in for an interview in person.  I really hope I am, it's a great hospital and a really good opportunity.  Not to mention, I would love the position.  But I'm also a firm believe in things will happen as they should.  Sometimes the best things that happen in life are the disappointments that ultimately lead to better things... We shall see what this turns out to be.

But just in case, send some good juju my way that the interviewer liked me!!!  

3 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Good luck!

July 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Hope you get the job!!

July 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Cartier said...

That is exciting and I can totally relate to being taken by suprise and feeling unprepared. What is the position? I have been job hunting in the medical field. I haven't heard back which makes me upset (what is wrong with my resume) but excited (less of a decision between baby and job). Hope you love your new job and you'll have to post all about your first day.

August 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home