<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Reality Check!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reality Check!

A League of Her Own: Military Wife Complaints: "zSo, do you guys know the military spouse that complains about EVERYTHING: TriCare, MyCAA, employment opportunities, housing, MP, neighbors,..."

First off- I love this bloggy girl! I've been a follower for a number of years. Second? I'm so guilty of this sometimes it's not even funny. It's actually quite pathetic and sad.

I'm not kidding. I'm owning this flaw! You can read through my post from the years and see so many that are me complaining about Tricare or some other aspect of military life. It's true, you will also see ones where I am praising it, loving it, sad that we aren't AD, or simply being proud of my husbands service. Heck, my blog is called Deployment Woes and military life (good and bad aspects) are plastered all over it. But really, we can all use the reminder that this life isn't all bad.

Tricare makes my life harder in many ways, but it's free and was much needed when my husband deployed last time and I didn't have a job or health insurance of my own. It sucks when this, that or the other thing related to duty gets in the way of my plans. It bums me out that my husband misses my birthday, Christmas, or our anniversary (or all of them in a year, two years in a row!) I get tired of our pay getting screwed up, I get tired of last minute this, that or the other thing... And sometimes I get really tired of, "the only constant is change." It makes it very hard to make plans sometimes.

But you want to know the truth? The truth that I do remember every now and then? This life ROCKS!!! I wouldn't have it any other way. I know I have said it before, but I knew what I signed up for. And if I knew then, what I know now? I'd still walk down that aisle in a heart beat. I'm proud of my husband. I'm amazed at the woman this life has shaped me into. I'm truly amazed at some of the amazing women I have met who are the best, strongest wives I'll ever know.

We all complain. I complain here because I don't have anyone who would understand in my outside life. Trust me, I've tried to explain it, but civilians just don't understand... And frankly, sometimes they just piss me off! But, we can all use a little reminder sometimes that life is what we make of it. So you have to quit you job every few years. Every few years you get to experience a new place, a different culture, and sometimes a completely different country. So, your pay gets screwed up. There are a lot of organizations out there that want to help you. Most civilians can't boast that. So, you move a lot. You either get free housing or a housing allowance. Civilians should be so lucky!! So maybe this life isn't a bed of roses (which I assume have thorns included, thus don't really understand the saying), this life definitely isn't for everyone, but it's not all bad. Sometimes, we just need a kick in the butt to remember that... Or a lovely blogger to remind me. :)

Oh, and I've been doing a lot of bitching lately about doctors and my health, but the rest of my life isn't all that bad either. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Marine Wife Unplugged said...

It's funny that in your post here about how much you complain, you still complained. I know what you mean, though, and I don't feel the need to add any words to what you said. haha. I'm glad you got a reality check. (My wording sounds snotty. It's not supposed to.) They're always painful for me, but always valuable, too :)

July 17, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home