<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The wonders of a phone call

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The wonders of a phone call

The hubs called from the field today, out of the blue.  Usually he isn't able to call at all.

Just having him on the phone for a full half hour and being able to tell him everything that is going on made all the difference.  Having him tell me he understands how frustrated I must be with the surgeon and how he thinks going to get a second opinion is the right thing to do was exactly what I needed to hear.  And before I could get more than a few sentences into my renewed frustration with The Big Kid, he knew just want to say.  :)  And he when he gets home, he will have a long weekend during which he said he would help me work with him.  Together.  Both of us.  He said he was also feeling like The Big Kid was bullying our little one and that he can believe that it's gotten worse lately.  He said he hopes a visit with our dog trainer next week will help, but that he wants to help me when he gets home so he can see exactly what I see when he is at work. And he wants to help me with his recall.  He will come till the cows come home unless he has his ball.  So, I can't play fetch with him if I want him to come back to me... That doesn't really work.

To make this all even better, I receive a phone number for a man who knows a lot about acid reflux.  He is a speech pathologist who sees a lot of it and has done a lot of research to understand it better.  He helped make me feel like I'm not crazy.  Just because my symptoms didn't show up on some special test the way they should doesn't mean they aren't there.  He said there are many factors that can cause them to not show up correctly.  Especially if you have the type of reflux that goes all the way up into you upper esophagus (or your throat/nasal passages in my case).  He said the tube goes down to the bottom near the stomach because that is where "heart burn" occurs.  But if you don't generally have "heart burn" but have reflux that goes all the way up, then it doesn't always register properly.  Made me feel a bit better.  It doesn't mean that someone new will say I need surgery, it just means that someone telling me I'm "normal" symptom wise isn't necessarily the case.  That made me feel better.  And he said the doc that heads the department that I'm going to at UW is the leading expert in all things reflux.  That also makes me feel better.

We'll see how it all works out.  But it's amazing how one phone call can turn your whole day around.  

3 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Definitely. While my husband's been at AT, phone calls have been few and far between, but it really helps!

Glad you've got some good things happening. :)

June 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Oh yay! I'm glad you got to talk to him! Hope that everything goes good with the new doctor!

June 21, 2011 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Yay! I am glad hubby called and you talked. Talking is good, even if you think he is NOT listening, he is. Issues with dogs drive me nutty. We have one dog, Cecilia who is sweet & calm in the house, take her outside and she is a nut-job, still trying out how to fit it as she is annoying! Hope you are still feeling better! Hugs.

www.thesocialfrog.com

June 22, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home