<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: venting about dumb stuff

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

venting about dumb stuff

Ok, so today is the first time I've had time to blog, and felt like blogging at the same time in weeks, hence three posts.  :)


So, here's a little vent- Do you know someone who is dumb?  I'm talking, legitimately not smart about stuff.  


I have a friend who I met a few years ago at a party.  She fits this bill.  She is nice.  She is friendly, but she tends to not seem to catch the notion that I'm putting out there.  


Example:  I posted this on FB today, "I'm going to post this one more time-- I'm looking for anyone who still gets the Sunday paper and would be willing to give me their unwanted coupons (I'll even provide the stamps if you are too far away to meet with me). This goes for my friends on the other side of the state too! The coupons are different over there. :)"


This was her reply:"I actually get the Sunday paper only, by Googling it I was able to find a trial period of the paper for a pretty good price."


This may be a lame example, but it's like this all the time.  I didn't ask where to get a Sunday paper, or how much people pay.  I didn't ask anything about actually buying the paper.  I asked if anyone was willing to mail me their coupons.  Was I not clear?


As much as I really like this girl, it's super hard for me to spend time with her because this is what our conversations are like regardless of what I'm saying.  It's very frustrating.  I want to be friends with her, she's so nice and thoughtful, but it's very hard to talk to someone who always seems to think you are saying the opposite of what you are actually saying.


Am I alone in this feeling?



2 Comments:

Blogger Nellie said...

I'm not a Facebook friend, but I have TONS of coupons I don't use. Let me know if you want them, I will gladly send them to you and I don't mind paying for postage (I just feel bad about them going unused). Anyway, I promise I'm not a creeper or anything :)

June 5, 2011 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Turner3109 said...

No lie that's my MIL

Sweet, helpful....

Could hold a great conversation with a pet rock.

My Husband dreads talking to her.

Here's a good example she asked me 5 times, 3x in one week when I was moving onto base housing after I had told her the first time (and every single time after) 'I don't know, hopefully they'll let me know soon, I won't know until they tell me'. It. drove. me. nutty.

June 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home