<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Some people...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Some people...

Do you ever realize how many people in your life are friends, how many are acquaintances and how many are just no one to you?

I have a few people that I actually thought were friends, but have discovered are not so much... One, a friend who flew across the country from her station on the East Coast, to here to see family and friends.  She told me we would meet up.  Our little group put no effort in including me in the plans, they didn't even tell me which weekend to ask for off or anything.  Then got "sad" when they asked me to hangout last minute and I had to work.  Then I tried to arrange a time to meet up with said person during the week.  She said she would have to check her schedule.  She then posted on FB about not having anything going during the week.  Offer to hang out with her, never heard back and she leaves Monday.

So much for being friends.

That is the danger of FB.  Granted, I have reconnected with a lot of people, but the reality is, even people you talk to all the time on FB are probably not your real friends.

On a little side note, I go in and out of being sad Sunday is my last day at my job.  Sometimes I think I will miss it, others, not so much.  It's mostly the people.  I get along with most of them, but some of them are just not people I care for.  If you want to talk about someone behind their back, that is your choice, but maybe you should wait until they are not near by... Or even there.  There are not a lot of these people at my job, but just enough of them.  GRRR.  I don't need that kinda crap in my life.

These are not bad people.  I just don't have thick skin.  And it's definitely not thick enough to deal with someone doing this right in front of me.

It is what it is and I only have two more days.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

I totally agree about fb sometimes being detrimental. Sometimes I would rather be out of touch with people than have the type of friendships that only occur on facebook, but it's sad that some friendships have gotten to that. I just have to remember that one GOOD friend is better than 50 ok friends {but that can be hard when you're lonely}

June 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home