<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Second Opinions

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Second Opinions

I decided to meet with my primary care physician today to discuss our next step.

She agreed that seeing ANOTHER gastroenterologist probably won't do any good.  All he will say is what my surgeon said, "take your stomach meds and come back if you get worse."  I don't know what is much worse than what is going on right now.  Ear pain with periodic fluid build up, sinus pain, reflux, regurgitating my food, congestion in the AM, a soar throat.... Am I supposed to wait until my stomach acid has burned through my esophagus?

So, she said we should go for a second opinion.  I'm heading to the University of Washington Medical Center.  They have an esophageal and gastric surgery center, as well as a special lab for all the testing associated with that.  They have a whole group who specialize in my special brand of medical weirdness.  So, I have a consultation set up for July.  The woman also preemptively set up an appointment for another Upper Endoscopy study.  Mine was two years ago and I have new symptoms, so she said they might want to do another one and the appointments fill up fast.  It was nice of her to do that for me.   And the surgeon does the study, not a GI doc.  That will be nice because he will be able to see with his own eyes instead of reading it on a report.

I might call work and see if they might want/need me to stay on a bit longer or not.  They probably won't.  So, we'll see if I decided to call.  I go back and forth about it.

It's just really hard and stressful right now.  My hubs has been in the field for a bit now and isn't due back until July.  So, I'm having to deal with all of this, cope with it and come up with a plan about what to do, all by myself.  It always seems that this stuff happens when he's in the field, in another country on a blackout training mission, or deployed for that matter.  Such is military life, right?  It's days like today when I hate that he is still in.  But tomorrow I will be happy about it again.  Sigh.




On a totally unrelated note, our min pin is doing so much better!!! Her fur is filling back in on her legs and she is starting to look normal again.  She doesn't mind her meds either.  And, today is the two week mark since she was put back on OTC food.  So far, no reaction, so the dermatologist said we could try adding another protein source into her diet.

So, today, I went to the dog store and bought her favorite chewy.  Her and our doberman both have one and are happily chewing away, separate from each other, not barking, fighting or other wise getting on my nerves.  LOL!

It's the first time the house has been completely quiet since we brought The Big Kid home.  It's a strange sort of bliss.  :)  And I had forgotten how nice a quiet house is.  

1 Comments:

Blogger The Social Frog said...

Ohhh, Erin!
So sorry to hear all of this. I know what it feels like to need relief from pain but not really know what it is! I do hope this all works out so you can be happy again. Maybe working right now while this is all going on, is not such a good idea anyways. Hugs to you!


www.thesocialfrog.com

June 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home