<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My breaking point

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My breaking point

It's official.  I've hit my breaking point for what I can handle.

I have a 9 month old puppy who can sit on command and walk on a leash, but has turned into a bully the last few weeks.  He spends his whole day picking on my little girl and I can't get him to stop.  I feel so bad for her.  It's my fault she is unhappy.  She does nothing buy hide under the couch because of it and even that doesn't stop him.  He will lay on his side and put his nose under the couch and bark at her and try to swat at her.  I have tried grabbing him and moving him, I've tried body blocking, nothing works.

He barks at everything.  When we are on walks, he is just fine.  But it's like he has decided that if we won't let him do it outside, then he will do it inside.  We finally got him trained to not bark outside, so he stands at the window and barks at everything.  Again, no matter what I try.  He is also marking in the house.  Not peeing, marking.  He never did before but when we started controlling him on walks, meaning he couldn't mark whenever he wanted to, he started doing it in the house a little bit.  Now, it's all day long.  I took him out this AM and we played fetch.  Really ran him down and let him pee and mark the park until he had nothing left.  He walked into the house and while I was taking me shoes off, he walked upstairs and marked the kitchen.  He's smart enough to not do it in front of me too.  I have never caught him, so I  can't correct the behavior.  I have resorted to him wearing his training collar with a leash attached in the house.  But he is wise to his training collar, so today, he waited until I went upstairs to swap laundry to mark the kitchen.  The same goes for our min pin.  He will be bullying her, but when I walk near him, he knows that I have told him to stop, and he knows his training collar is on, so he stops.  If I were to take the collar off, he wouldn't stop.

I just paid bills to realize that we will not be able to afford me having lost my job. We did save up for this.  We saved over $3000, plus our emergency fund that is always there.  But the hubs was on vacation from work, and is now in the field, so we only have my income.  I just got paid and was able to pay all of the bills except the house payment.  That means I had to take a substantial chunk out of the "laid off" fund to cover it.  If I have to do that every month, we will be out of savings in three months.  It means that I have to get my husband on board to really cut back, which I have tried before and never been successful.

I just really wish I had friends.  I wish I had people to talk to, to help me figure out what to do.  I wish I had someone to turn to when my husband is gone and I can't talk to him.

I don't know what to do financially, I don't know what to do with my dog.  I just can't get him under control.  I really wish I had friends.  

2 Comments:

Blogger Whimsy said...

I don't know what to tell you about your dogs. Is the one who is marking neutered? I've heard that this helps with marking and other undesirable male behaviours.

On our base the airmen & family readiness centre offers financial counselling to help people create budgets and eliminate debt. Maybe there is something similar near you?

Take a deep breath, I'm sure things will get better soon!

June 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I've been feeling that way, too, lately. I know I'm far away, and I don't know if I can help you, but I can listen. (And I am definitely older enough than you to at least be a "big sister"-type listener. I am sorry that you're going through a rough patch. I will pray for some sunshine in your life. Hang in there.

June 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home