<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I'm open for suggestions!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm open for suggestions!

After a long week at work and a nice day relaxing at home, I've come to the decision to improve my "To Read" list.

This is a list of books that I want to read, or have been suggested that I read, that I keep on my computer.

It's pretty long already, but most of the books are not available as an ebook at my library.  So, I'm looking for more suggestions.  I'm not particular about genre.  I'm of the opinion that a good book is a good book, and I like to keep an open mind.  I also like to broaden my tastes whenever possible.  I think it makes me a more well rounded person.  :)

So, if any of you are reading something that you just love, have a favorite book of all time, have a series that you have just started and are enjoying, or one that you just can't stop rereading, please let me know!!!

I would love to know what you love to read!  It can be funny, or sad, historical, fiction, non-fiction, whatever!


6 Comments:

Blogger andersa9 said...

Hey! I'm a follower of your blog and I have a section I've started on mine where I post books I've loved. Follow me :)

June 6, 2011 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Marine Wife Unplugged said...

Z for Zachariah, The Pilgrim's Progress, The Hiding Place, The Cider House Rules, Alice Bliss (must read!), Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives, and of course, The Bible.

June 6, 2011 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I don't know what your reading tastes are - you may hate all of my suggestions, but I hope not! I really liked "The Help" (which is going to be a movie soon.) I read it in 2 days! (And I could send you my copy...) I also liked "Cold Mountain". I can't believe I hadn't read it before. I am currently reading "Lost Moon" about the Apollo 13 mission. If you like History at all, I have tons of those titles to offer you. Hope you find something interesting!

June 7, 2011 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Ashley D. said...

I am really into Christian historical romance fiction. While I loved the Twilight and True Blood series, I can do without all the intense sexual situations, so I stick to Christian romance fiction, because there isn't any of that. I recently started a series about the wives of King David, and I love it. The first book is called "Michal" and I really enjoyed it. I have the next one on order.

But, if you don't like Christian fiction, I also enjoy anything by Sarah Dessen. She writes for pre-teens and teenagers, but I love the way she writes and her books are full of first love and the innocence of adolescents.

I hope you find some books you want to read!

June 7, 2011 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Turner3109 said...

Certain Slant of Light

Has 'spirits' in it but not really your typical ghost story it was more about the people growing and realizing their way around things.

Anyways I loved it and they'd probably have it as an e book

June 7, 2011 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Whimsy said...

Dune, House of Leaves, Ender's Game, In Cold Blood, The Sparrow

I hope you find something fun to read!

June 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home