<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The end is near...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The end is near...

I got the official email yesterday that my last "regularly scheduled" day of work will be June 26th.  I'm clarifying that this means that I am officially laid off as of that day so that I can claim unemployment until my surgery.

The whole situation sucks.  I love my job.  I wish I could keep it.

To make it an ever better day, I had agreed to take a late swing shift to cover for a co-worker who had a family emergency.  It means that I was scheduled to work until 2am, when I usually get up for work at 5:30am.  Two hours after my shift started, we had a dog arrest and did CPR for 5 minutes to bring her back, then I got to spend an hour doing supportive care with a handful of other people while the owners decided what to do.  She became a DNR after we talked to them again, mostly due to the fact that she just kept trying to die.  They finally agreed to euthanize her.  It was very sad.  And very stressful.

I got very little sleep once I got home because I naturally wake up at 5:30 am every day.  I went back to sleep only to be awakened by a weed whacker every hour or so until I gave up on sleeping.

Tomorrow morning I start my 24 hour nasogastric tube, that will do all the testing for my surgery.  :( Not really looking forward to that.

Sigh.  I'm really going to miss my job, but I guess I'm also a bit anxious to just have it over already.  And I guess it's nice to finally have a date.  It was tough to go to work everyday wondering when I was going to be laid off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home