<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The Worst Day and Night

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Worst Day and Night

My day at work sucked.  I was near tears by the end of it.  My assistant is gone and I'm new, which means I don't know how to do hardly anything.  I don't know how to set up or clean any of our scopes, I don't know how to clean the equipment, I don't know where anything is or anything goes, I have an assistant who has been teaching me all that.... But, really, it's all stuff she usually does because I have other things to do.

Well, she's out of town this week and they didn't schedule me any help (though I need a second person simply to be able to do my job, it requires two people).  And no one could help me.  They called in another person today because we had a procedure and she was the least helpful person ever, then, when I went to ask her if she knew how to clean the rhinoscope, she said, "Oh, yeah, I do, but I literally just clocked off."  She didn't even ask me if I needed anything else before she left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And to make me even more frustrated, she then gave me a laundry list of things that still needed to be done.  I'm  not kidding.  This was after our patient woke up and sprayed blood all over the room (he had a rhinoscopy, which is a scope in the nose and it causes wicked nose bleeds).  Every surface, including our electronic equipment, covered in blood.  Which I go to spend an hour and a half cleaning myself.  And this is just a brief synapsis of the hell that was my day.  I didn't eat lunch until almost 4pm, and I'm off at 6pm, and I only got to eat a little because I had so much to do that I didn't have time to eat because the person who was supposed to help me just fucking clocked off with a shit ton of stuff still to do.  Everything else that could go wrong today, did.  I don't have enough space to type everything that was horrible about my work day.

Then I came home and told me husband about my horrible day and how I spent the last few hours of it willing myself not to cry.  He made dinner and I told him all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and watch TV and try to convince myself that tomorrow will not be more of the same.  He took the dog for a walk and then asked if he could go hangout with our neighbor, promising that he will sleep on the couch so he doesn't wake me up....  I should know better by now, he always stumbles in drunk and wakes me up.

So, I go to sleep at 10pm because I have to be up at 6am for work, and at 1:10am my husband stumbles in drunk and wakes up the dogs who start to bark.  He passes out on the couch while the big kid continues to whine and bark for an hour.  He finally quiets down, just to start again 10 minutes later.  At 3am, the two hour mark, I finally go downstairs and my husband is finally awake and saying that the dog is tearing apart his bed (he tore apart the cushion of it today and I found it when I got home from work).  He takes the bed out of the crate and says, "maybe if I go upstairs with you he will stop."  I tell him, "I don't fucking care what you do at this point, I have to be up for work in a few hours and this is getting ridiculous."  He comes upstairs and yet the dog continues to back.  I ask if he may need to go to the bathroom and my husband tells me that he pooped during his evening walk so that can't be it.  At 3:30am, my husband has fallen mostly asleep and the dog is still whining/barking, so guess who has to get out of bed and walk him in the middle of the night?  That's right, me.  It's always my job.

My husband gets to go out with his friends and drink and be a complete and utter ASSHOLE about everything and I get to be the responsible one who takes care of everything.  Never mind the fact that I have to be up in a few hours to work a 10+ hour shift at work.  You know, the job I do where animal lives depend on my ability to function properly.  No, that doesn't matter.  What matters is that my dick head husband gets enough sleep on the first of his three consecutive days off.

So, I walked the dog, and he pooped again (there's a big surprise).  I brought him home and went upstairs and told me husband how pissed I am that I had to walk the dog in the middle of the night when I have to be up for work in three hours and how pissed I am that it never fails that he gets to have all the fun and I have to take care of everything.  I then told him I think he is a complete ass.  He put his sleep mask back on and went to sleep and left me to go downstairs and take care of the barking dogs.  It's now 4:13am.  The dogs are finally quiet, and it's too late for me to get any semblance of sleep.  I have to be up in less than 2 hours anyway....

And I bet you $5 that tomorrow he compares this to the morning when we first got The Big Kid when he needed to potty at 5am instead of 6 like usual, so my husband made me get up to walk to the dog.  I got mad because the husband gets up at 6am for work anyway, so I was upset that he made me get up on my day off at 5am instead of just sucking it up and getting up an hour early.  I bet he says I should have had to do it because I was going to have to get up anyway... Never mind the fact that I only asked him to get up an hour early, not get only 3 hours of sleep.  But whatever,  in his mind, he does no wrong.

And all I want to do is cry.  I am not a big crier, so the fact that my work day brought me to near tears is a big deal.  My husband looked at me when I said that earlier in the evening and said, "but it's not just your work day stress today.  You have a lot going on and you just didn't need this shit to happen today." Yo would think that that means he understands...  I should know better by now.  I should know that he says that kind of stuff and it means nothing to him.  It never fails that he says stuff like that, then turns around and does what he did tonight.  Every fucking time.  Without fail.  I don't even know why I believe it anymore, except that I so what to believe him.  I want to think that he really cares about what I might be going through.  But all he cares about is himself.  I don't know why it's so hard for me to accept.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

My husband is extremely selfish so I know what you mean. Today's our anniversary, I've been cleaning all morning. I get flowers and he acts like he moved the Earth. Flowers once a year doesn't compare to all the sh*t I do for you all year. I'm still livid from last night - I told him I was going upstairs to clean the bathroom and watch a show on Dvr. So what does he do? Go upstairs, lay in bed and turn off the lights. Ummm, I'm cleaning in the bathroom right next to that room, so i need the light on. And, didn't I say I was going to watch tv in that room in a couple minutes??? I am furious with him today, and he acts like he doesn't know why.

May 7, 2011 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

My husband is extremely selfish so I know what you mean. Today's our anniversary, I've been cleaning all morning. I get flowers and he acts like he moved the Earth. Flowers once a year doesn't compare to all the sh*t I do for you all year. I'm still livid from last night - I told him I was going upstairs to clean the bathroom and watch a show on Dvr. So what does he do? Go upstairs, lay in bed and turn off the lights. Ummm, I'm cleaning in the bathroom right next to that room, so i need the light on. And, didn't I say I was going to watch tv in that room in a couple minutes??? I am furious with him today, and he acts like he doesn't know why.

May 7, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home