<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Things that make me happy....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things that make me happy....

I may be a huge dork, but something that makes me very happy is decorating me house.  Also, cleaning it, organizing it, getting rid of things (either donating them to Goodwill or giving them to friends who can use them now that I don't need the item anymore.)

I'm constantly downsizing our junk, or finding ways to make it more organized.  

So, now that we (as in, Me, Myself and I) have painted the downstairs, we are starting to look at decorating.  Also, I have fallen in love with all items related to entertaining.  

So, we finally picked up our new table and then spent all day looking for chairs.  The husband insisted the chairs be extra comfortable.  I found two different chairs that would match the table and look great, but they were wood.  The hubs wanted something padded.  And, the chairs I liked would have had to be ordered and would have taken a week or so to arrive.  So, we paid more for chairs that were available and ended up getting them at Pier One anyway.  Either way, they look nice. 

So, this was our Ikea table.  Not a bad table, especially since we probably paid less than $100 for it.  And it has held up well, but is not very adult and is very, very small, which sucks when we have parties. And as an added bonus, The Little One had finally figured out (at three years old) that she can get up on it by jumping on the chairs, and the puppy can just walk up and grab stuff because he is taller than it is.



And this is the new table.  The puppy can't reach it, and there is no way our little one can.  Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it with chairs.  But this is the chair we bought to go with it.  Technically it's brown leather, but is so dark that is looks really lovely with the table.


Oh, and to make me happier, we finally moved the furniture back to normal so that our house looks a little more put together.  :)  And the couch is much more comfortable when it's set up correctly.

And my mom sent me some money for my birthday.... I'm debating about what to buy with it, but I'm thinking something fun for my Nook along with some books for it.  

Here are some skins I'm eyeing:






I know I'm a dork, but I just love stuff like this!  I have a skin for my Wii that makes it look like an old school Nintendo and even had the skins to make my controllers match!  :)  We'll see what I actually buy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystal. said...

OMG. I love your new table & chairs. They are so cute <3 Great job!

May 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home