<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Second worst birthday ever...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Second worst birthday ever...

Today is my birthday.  You would think that with the birthday dinner on Sunday, I would have remembered that.  But I didn't.

I didn't remember when I was up all night with the chills, willing myself to believe that I was, in fact, just not used to how warm our new comforter is.  It couldn't be that I am sick.

I didn't remember when I got out of bed and had to put a sweatshirt on just to go to the bathroom because I was so chilly, but sweaty.  Nor when I shivered through my whole shower, telling myself that I couldn't turn it up to scalding hot water because it would make me colder when I exited.

I didn't remember when I gave up, frustrated that the thermometer I bought last year seems to have already died, so I couldn't physically confirm that fact that I know I have a fever.  And I didn't remember when I called into work at 6am, having given up the good fight that a long sleeved shirt under my scrubs would be the solution.  I didn't even remember while I was blow drying my hair just enough that it wouldn't be miserable to walk the dog.

No, it wasn't until I checked my email and say all the early morning birthday wishes emailed to me from FB that I realized today is my birthday. And I am stuck at home, alone, in bed, sick.  The silver lining is that today is also the dog walkers regular day to walk, so I don't have to feel bad when I put the dogs in their kennels all day.

The reason it is my second worst birthday is that the year my husband was deployed, I actually forgot my birthday all together.  I was not on FB yet and didn't even have a celebration of any kind.  The husband was gone, so there was no dinner out or party to remind me that it was coming.  Just a phone call from my mother the day before, wishing me a happy birthday.  Which I had forgotten completely about, and didn't celebrate.

I usually love birthdays.  We throw a big party every year, I buy my husband awesome gifts.  I generally make a big deal out of it!  And, this year, I forgot about it today.  We had to cancel the party because of my surgery and, now, I'm sick.

POO on you Birthday!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Sad face. Feel better! And Happy Birthday :)

May 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. I am sending you lots of hugs through here! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Awww, I am so sorry. Feel better. Happy Birthday.


www.thesocialfrog.com

May 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Young said...

dilike!!! Hope you get better soon, and have yourself a belated bday celebration!

:)

May 13, 2011 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

:( Aw. I hope the days after will make up for it. Do something to spoil yourself!

May 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home