<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Rant a little

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rant a little

A good friend of mine is getting married soon.  She was a bridesmaid in my wedding.  He fiance served with my husband.  They are having a destination wedding, so they know that most of us are not going to be able to go.  So, they are having a reception when they get home.

This is all fine and dandy.  What I am pissed about is this:

Her MOH emailed me an evite yesterday.  I will repeat, yesterday, May 23, at 12pm to her bachelorette party on Saturday. As in, Saturday May 28th.  I'm so pissed!  What kind of MOH waits to invite people to a bachelorette party until 6 days before!?  And if that weren't bad enough, there are no details in the invite because the details are still being "ironed out."  So, it doesn't say where the event is taking place, or anything.  And, since the bride to be usually doesn't pay for herself, it would be nice to have some details or cost estimate for the rest of us since we will not only be paying for ourselves, but splitting her costs as well.  WTF!?

She only invited 8 people.  Fine.  But two already RSVP'd no, I said maybe with more details, but it's unlikely since I work until 6pm and have to be back at work Sunday morning.  (Hence the little thing called "advanced notice" that people usually give.) So, at the most, 5 people will be there if everyone else RSVP's yes.

It's so sad to me!  I had a small party, but I asked for a limited number of people to be invited, yet everyone came because my MOH asked me what I would like and not like etc and a list of people to invite pretty much the second I asked her to be my MOH.  And she got the invites out and the date set and all of that right away.  In fact, she emailed me a list of dates to check against what I was doing for wedding stuff so that the date could be set and she could give warning that the plans were coming, but to set aside the day.

I'm heartbroken for my friend.  I'm pissed at her MOH.  Who I know and would not have expected this from.  I'm irked that I could have potentially gone had I been give more than 5 days notice.  I could have traded a shift or something.  But, no, I will likely not be able to attend.  I missed her bridal shower because I was too new at my job to request the time off, I am going to miss her actual wedding because we couldn't afford to fly to it, let alone the resort prices, and I am probably going to miss her reception back home because of my surgery.  :(  This is the one thing I could have made it too.  And now I"m going to miss this too.


3 Comments:

Blogger Marine Wife Unplugged said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry. :(

May 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Ashley D. said...

What a terrible MOH! This would drive me bananas! I am such an organized person, and unorganization really, really stresses me out, especially when it comes to weddings. I mean the bachelorette party is the ONE BIG THING a MOH has to do! It sucks when they drop the ball.

I'm sorry your going to miss your friends big day, her reception, and now this. I'm sure she understands though.

May 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger It's Something Beautiful said...

I'm sorry girl :( That isn't fair when you have someone planning a fun night and they ruin it by not doing a good job at planning! Maybe the two of you could have your very own bachelorette night by going out for dinner and drinks. You two can get dressed up and just have a good time.

Hoping you the very best!

May 25, 2011 at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home