<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: No silver lining today....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No silver lining today....

Met with my surgeon today.  He ordered more tests before he commits to the surgery.  He also told me that my recovery/time needed off work would likely be 6-8 weeks, vs the 3-4 I was originally quoted, due to the nature of my job.

My job told me that they couldn't accommodate me either way and that they have already started looking for my replacement.  I called unemployment today and they said I don't qualify (even though I'm being laid off) because WA state requires you to be "able to work" and "available to work immediately" to qualify for benefits.  This means that I'm going to be laid off any day now and will be unable to file unemployment for it.  And I will be without income until I am fully recovered, two or so months after surgery.

Super.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. G said...

I am praying for you and wishing not only a successful surgery but a speedy recovery. It's hard to believe but He really doesn't give us more than we can handle. I've had to come to that realization after events of the past couple of years. Right now you need to focus on getting well. Easier said than done right....but know there are people out there that will be praying for you and are here if you just want to vent.

May 4, 2011 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Awww, I am so sorry to hear this. I understand their reasons but that does not make it any less sucky for you. Hugs & prayers for you!!


www.thesocialfrog.com

May 4, 2011 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I'm sorry! You'll get through this, I KNOW it.

May 5, 2011 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger Mrs Smoke said...

Does your employer not fall under the rules of FMLA? I'm not an expert in this field but I believe you should be able to take up to 12 weeks off (still unpaid) and they have to hold your job for you. I think your employer has to employ at least 25 people full time to be required to follow the law.

Check out this website for more info...you never know, it might help. http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

Please keep us posted on the situation and your surgery. Lots of prayers going your way!

May 5, 2011 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

Ugh, that is sucky. I'm sorry. :(

May 5, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home