<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My resurrected Hydrangea

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My resurrected Hydrangea

Hello, my name is A Girl and I am a plant serial killer.

It's sad but true.  I have been given many plants in my life and have killed them all within a few months.  The exception to this rule is my hydrangea.  When my husband deployed, my mother decided to buy my a hydrangea as our first wedding anniversary gift.  She spent a lot of money on a lovely, white, hydrangea and a huge pot.  The women at our local garden store said it would be hard to kill and gave me some tips on how to care for it etc.  I explained to her my history of murder and she said she had faith.  My husband laughed at me and told me I had to try to keep it alive long enough for him to come home and see it.

Well, I kept that plant alive for a whole YEAR!!!!  Then I left for WSU last summer.  When I left, my plant has just started to bloom.  When I came home, it was dead.  Not dying, DEAD.  The leaves were brown, as were the blooms.  They had mostly fallen off.  I did my best to bring it back, but it never bloomed again.   I gave up on it and told the hubs that he had to buy me a new plant for the pot.  I was actually very sad because I was so proud that I had kept it alive for so long!

Ever since spring hit (calendar wise, not weather wise, since spring just hit last week here, and it's not almost summer), I have been looking out the window periodically to see if my hydrangea would come back.  No such luck... That is until last week, when it suddenly had leaves again!  So, I had my husband fertilize it, water it and trim the death off.  :)

My hydrangea has been resurrected from the dead!!!!!!  :)

And, a few weeks ago, the owner of the hospital I work at gave us all plants.  She does this every year for earth day.  So, I picked rosemary.  I went into my garden store again and learned how to care for it and discovered that it can be potted with other things!  So, I purchased a few other herbs and a  pot and potted a little herb garden today.  :)

So, the big pot is my newly alive again hydrangea.  I hope it will get as big as it was last year!

And the little pot is my herb garden.  It has BBQ rosemary, blue sage, oregano, and variegated lemon thyme.  :)

Fingers crossed I can keep the herbs and hydrangea alive at the same time!!!  If I can, next year I'm going to repot the herbs in a larger pot and buy some basil to put in my little pot!  :)

Wish me luck!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Marie said...

Wow, it is so ironic that you just posted about plants, because just 30 mins ago I discovered my house plant was invested with spider mites. And since I have a no tolerance for insects in my house, we have placed it outside and are getting rid of it.

I am quite sad about this since I was on the plant, then dog, then baby plan. And because I have successfully allowed my plant to be invested, I feel like a complete failure.

So with one demise of a plant, another is born, your hydrangea.

May 10, 2011 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Krystal. said...

Awh, I love how you like plants. I LOVE plants and my little trees. .. I had a beautiful garden in san diego. Because it had pretty weather, so easy for my flowers to grow! But now, I don't have them anymore. :(

May 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

I am 100% the same way!! It's horrible.

But I'm glad there is life again. :)

May 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Nellie said...

Good luck! Rosemary is very resilient. I ignored mine all winter (even through the snow and ice) and just started watering it again. It looks nice and bushy!

May 11, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home