<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: A little ray of sunshine during a stormy day

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, May 2, 2011

A little ray of sunshine during a stormy day

I spoke to my husband... again.  I told him all the things I always tell him when he starts ignoring me.  But I added a few things this time.  I reminded him that no matter how stressed he is about my surgery, no matter how scared, or worried he is, no matter how hard he is taking it, I am taking it 100 times worse.  That seemed to wake him up.  He sat down and looked and me and said, "oh, you are," in a very sad voice.

He then took me out for dinner, and took me out again Saturday.  He said it was an early birthday dinner, just in case we can't celebrate mine in 9 days.  He took me out to breakfast on Sunday and then took me to Barnes and Nobel to buy a Nook.  I have wanted a Kindle for years, but he always said it was too expensive when I live up the street from the library where I can get books for free.  You can't argue with that logic.  But I will be laid up in bed for a while and won't be able to go to the library.  The Nook has the ability to let me "borrow" ebooks from our library system from the comfort of my own home (the Kindle doesn't).  I'm pretty happy with it so far.  Ok, I LOVE it!

And we used our tax refund to pay off another credit card!  So, I did that this weekend.  A little bit of it went towards my Nook and the hubs birthday present and the rest is in savings, patiently waiting for me to be out of work.  Things get tough, but sometimes it's nice to see the little things that can alleviate the immense stress and pressure we are under.

I'm still terrified of surgery.  I know the risks all too well.  I see it everyday at work.  I also know that I have never had good success with anesthesia type things.  I'm terrified of the pain, I scared of being stuck in bed for so long.  I'm going to miss my husband, my friends and my dogs.  I'm stressed about money.  Even if I don't lose my job, I won't be working.  We will be broke.  Who will walk the dogs?  Who will do the dishes and the laundry?

But, for the last few days I have been enamored with my Nook, and distracted by all the fun I can have with it.  I have been loving looking at my lists of debts and how long until they will be paid off and see that we are now right back on schedule after being set back by The big kid's surgery.  I'm happy to see the money in the bank account that will help keep us on that schedule when I'm not working.  And I love seeing only one credit card left to pay off.  And then it will just be my school loans.

And I love starting my week to the great news that Bin Laden is dead!  It's times like these that remind me why we military families do what we do.  Why our service men and women do what they do and why I'm so proud to be apart of it all, even in the small role that I play.  :)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Social Frog said...

I love my Kindle! Amazon announced a little over a week ago that we will indeed be able to do Libray Lending, it's coming this year. The most expensive Kindle is $189.


www.thesocialfrog.com

May 2, 2011 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

I'm really glad he listened to you and you guys had a good time. :) And I am a bit jealous of the Nook, I have to admit!

May 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

There's always silver linings :)

May 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Krystal. said...

I'm glad things are looking up:)

May 3, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home