<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Just a smidge

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just a smidge

That would be how overwhelmed I am right now... Just a smidge.  Or, a whole FREAKING bunch!!!


My work decided to transfer me into the actual ER, and another tech is taking my place in internal medicine.  This way they can keep me on longer.   That is great!

So, after I got this news, my check engine light came on.  Then my car started to die WHILE I was drivign it.  As in, I'm going 60 down the freeway and go to change lanes and my steering wheel won't turn, I look down to see that my engine is no longer running.  So, I take it to our mechanic (who was also the best man at my wedding) and he can't figure out what's wrong.  Then he starts fiddling with things and discovers that my PCV valve and hose have GIANT, GAPING holes.  It's just my engines intake, that's not important, right?

So, we start trying to track down the parts.  No one has them.  Turns out, I can only get these two items from a dealership.  There is a dealership near us that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for parts, but guess what?  They don't have both parts in, and the hose will take at least a week to ship here.  So, I call one in Seattle.  They want more than double for the hose.  But they have both parts in.  So, I find yet another dealership.  This one has the hose, for a reasonable price (but not as cheap as the one nearest us) but no valve.  Luckily, he was able to get it in ASAP. But now, I have to drive my car to the dealership, then to Seattle to my mechanic so he can fix it.  The trouble?  My car has progressed to the point where it shakes and makes the sound like it's about to die every time I turn it on, stop at a light, give it gas, or generally look at it sideways.  So, I had to call my insurance and verify that I could opt to take my car to my mechanics house VS the nearest auto shop like most places require.  Luckily I can.  But this all means that I can't run errands or grocery shop or do any of the other things I needed to do today.

It this weren't bad enough, the day my car decided to start dying on me, so did my laptop!  Granted, I've had this laptop for ages.  3-4 years.  Which is ancient in the laptop world.  :) But it has served me well.  It's a Mac, but we didn't opt to but a super nice Mac because we were broke back then.  And it's been through a lot.  So, a year ago, when it started acting up, we knew it was coming on time to start looking. But we just sorta held out hope that we could fiddle with it enough to keep it going for a while longer.  And that time as come.  My internet just sorta shuts down at random and now, it's also turning it's self off at random.  Even when I'm using it and it's plugged into a power source.  :(  I'm sad.  I like my laptop... Kinda.  So, we are going to have to price laptops now too.  Which sucks.  Our hope had been to keep this one going long enough that we could replace with with a swanky desk top.  But 1.  we can't afford that right now and 2.  I won't be able to use a desk top after my surgery.  So, we will end up with another laptop.

Sorta wish I had the ability to see into the future right now.  It would have allowed me to say, "maybe we shouldn't buy a new table and chairs right now.  Nor should we buy a new Tivo..."  Though, both were such good deals that we may have done it anyway simply because it's unlikely we would have gotten better deals.  Who knows...

Either way, it adds a bit of stress that I don't really need or want to cope with right now.

Though, if anyone wants to send us grocery coupons from their Sunday papers, we would appreciate it!  We have decided that we will make up the room in our budget for all of these unexpected things buy saving money on groceries.  :)  I have already asked my mom to send us hers.  :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Man alive woman. I think its time you catch a break.

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home