<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Oh, Life, you never cease to surprise me!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oh, Life, you never cease to surprise me!

So, I painted the living room... It's done, and I will be putting everything back later today and taking pictures to post!

We finally got paid.  I paid the bills, and my parents, and guess what!?  Had enough money left over to buy those (stupid freaking) tires!  And part of the reason is because someone loves me and put the tires we need on sale this weekend.  :)  I love it when that happens.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes me very happy.

I talked with the hubby again.  And again.  And again.  So, like 5th or 6th times the charm, but he finally stopped and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't think about it."  No, you didn't, but at least now you are realizing that. So, he promised to get me a gerbil when we have the money... which won't be for a while because we have to save back up our emergency fund and pay down some of our credit card.  But it also won't be too long because my work emailed me this week, after telling me I was getting the refund to tell me that they are going to put it back on our card!  So, I don't even have to wait for a check!  WHOOHOO!  So, I get the money tomorrow!  Which happens to be my first day of work!  Which is making me excited and anxious all in one! But we'll get to that in a second.

The husbands says he understands that he has to stop putting all the responsibility on me.  He said he forgets how much I do because I just always do it, so he doesn't have to think about it.  So, he will walk the dogs at his scheduled times no matter what.  He will help when I ask and listen when I talk.  No more thinking, "EH, I don't have time/energy/desire to do this, so Erin can take care of it."  We'll see, but it should get a little better.  We all know habits and things like that don't change over night, but it's a step in the right direction.

As far as work goes, I'm excited!  But scared!  And I'm not sure which emotion is more prevalent.  So, I've been channelling those feelings into cleaning the house.  Which is always what I do when I'm stressed.  So, painting and organizing and getting rid of stuff etc.  I feel so productive!  And it makes me so tired that I don't have a chance to be up all night worried!  LOL!

So, I'm starting my new job with no money in our savings account and a maxed out credit card, but a sizable refund coming to me and the hopes of a better job.  And, a much, much prettier house.  

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

I'm glad that things seem to be working out. The paint colors are great :)
Good luck with your new job!

April 5, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home