<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Of course, I'm talking about the big shut down

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Of course, I'm talking about the big shut down

So, I will post about the new job and all of that later...

I haven't spent much time reading about the government shut down, due to the fact that there just isn't much I can do about it and all it ends up doing is making me pissed off even more.

However, today, I learned more about it.  I have a number of family members and friends who have government jobs in some way or another and, of course, we are military.  I know we can go a while without getting paid.  We were not paid 4 or more times during our deployment and made due the best we could.  However, some of the things I didn't really appreciate until today include the IRS not getting us our refund in time because they are not at work.  Oh, and the services on base being cut as well.

So, now, I'm sitting at home with a stack of bills to pay wondering, "should I pay these bills early, like I usually do, or not, in the event that the things we rely on base to provide us for cheap and tax free are not there for a while?"  Like groceries.  Will the commissary still be open?  Will the PX?  Will we be able to go to NEX for the things we need?

The truly crappy thing about being reserve is that we have no one to ask.  Everyone keeps saying, "call your FRG for more info."  We don't have one.  Our FRG is only in effect when the boys activate.  So, who do we call for more answers and help with our situation?  This is one of the reasons I really wish we were active duty.  We reservists tend to get forgotten in the mix and left out in the wind to fend for our selves.  :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Krystal. said...

:( i'm right there with you.... this whole bullshit is stressing me OUT.

this isn't right!

April 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Marine Wife Unplugged said...

I know the feeling. *sigh*

April 8, 2011 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Turner3109 said...

NavyMarine corps relief will be open to help.

Commissary will be closed, PX/BX (AAFES stuff) will remain open because they are run separate.

Also NavyFed, USAA, and I forgot but another Federal Credit Union will give advanced pay on the 15 to military.

There's also a website with a list of resources if you'd like that too. :)

-Haley

April 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home