<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I will not jinx myself!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I will not jinx myself!

I say that, but really, we all know the truth!  LOL! Every time I open my mouth about how good things are going, something outrageous happens.

That said, I'm throwing caution to the wind!

Last night, I crawled in bed around 9:30pm out of sheer exhaustion and feeling crappy.  I was asleep by 10:15 and slept the whole night through! I didn't get out of bed until after 8am because the pups needed to be walked.  Though I still feel tired and sick, it's positively amazing what a good nights rest can do for your outlook on life.  :)

Being back to work, I LOVE my job!  And I'm excited to have a paycheck coming in!  I'm also so thrilled that the doc did not say I needed to take more time off of work with the fluid in my ears back in full swing.  She seemed confident that the allergy shot would work and that I would not need to do anything more than that.  Just knowing that my paycheck is coming in a few days make my stress level drop dramatically!  Phew!

Then, today, we visited our accountant today.  So, she really is an accountant with a business, but she is also a good friend and mother to one of my bridesmaids and soon to be MIL to a great guy who served with my husband in his first tour.  :)  I adore her and she always works with us the best she can.  And this year was no exception!  We expected to owe money this year.  I don't know why to tell you the truth.  But, we had cashed out my pension last year from a previous job and our money is due to the IRS for the first time home buyers credit... It all adds up.  So, when she sat us down and said, "the good news is that you don't own money..."  Our hearts sank a little.  Then she said we were getting a refund and we felt slightly optimistic, then she said what that refund was and our jaws dropped!!!  It's more than what we got last year with the home buyers credit!!!  And it's legit!

We are going to be able to put more money in savings, pay for our birthday party, pay off a credit card and still have money let over to get some much needed work (though not horribly important work or we would have done it sooner) to our cars!  :)  JOY!!

The hubs and I still struggle most of the week.  He really hurt my feelings the other day and I mentioned it three consecutive days before he really listened to me.  By then, I couldn't even fully remember the primary offense!  I was so upset about being ignored for three days!  But we are not fighting really, so that is an vast improvement.  And he is helping me more.  He did the dishes the other day.  :)  And when I pointed out to him (nicely) that there are certain dishes that need more attention when being washed by hand because they tend to be harder to get clean, he was very nice and understanding and said he would look for the next time.  VS the usually, "well I can't do anything right, so I'm never going to help you again!" response I usually get.

Now, I just need to get out of the house more.  And find a new dog walker.  And sleep a little more.  :)  We'll see if those things happen.  HAHA!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home