<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Clarification...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Clarification...

I have received a number of emails about my last post.  You are all so wonderful for trying to help and giving me resources...

However, we are Reservist.  We do not qualify for NMCRS or any thing like that.  We have nothing available to us to help us in the event that my husband has to continue to take time off of work for his military duty but is not being paid by the military to compensate us for that.  There is nothing we can do about not being able to afford civilian prices for things etc.

Because we are reserve status, the assumption is made that our civilian lives/jobs will cover whatever the military fails to provide.  :(  Sadly, that is often not the case because my husband and I rely on our military benefits to see us through.

Again, when the military service men and women get the shaft, the reservist are left to fend for ourselves.  :(  This happened when my husband fulfilled his AD orders but the military still owed us tons of back pay. We couldn't get anyone to help us pay our bills, buy groceries or anything because the hubs was technically back on reserve status, regardless of the fact that we were owed the money from the deployment, during which he was active.

This whole situation stinks for a whole lot of people, military, civilian contractor and government employee alike...

But I would like to say THANK YOU!!!! to everyone for trying to help my husband and I!  It was so kind of all of you for trying to give us resources in the event that this causes massive problems for us.  I wish all of you who are affected by this the best of luck and hope that this all works out for the best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Marie said...

I am staying positive and hoping that their will not be a shut down. IF there is, I am so sorry that, as a reservist, your husband is forced to work and take time off his civilian job with no pay. Hopefully IF there is a shut down it will not last long.

Staying optimistic though!

April 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

I think the Guard is similar- we barely have an FRG (i.e., I have NEVER gotten an email or newsletter from them), and the Guard gets left out of so many things. It's frustrating, because my husband is just as much of a soldier as anyone else- and when they deploy, I don't think we miss them any less than active duty wives miss their husbands!

April 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home