<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: TIred of me yet?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, March 4, 2011

TIred of me yet?

Anyone else sick and tired of my complaining? Because I certainly am!

I'm ridiculous. Drill always comes at the worst times and no one ever said that just because you grow up means you are not longer vulnerable to things like ear infections. I'm just a big, stinking baby. I am in pain, but really, who wants to listen to me whine all weekend?

I have some pain meds on board and we are back to the "wait and see" prescription. Maybe I will need tubes, maybe I will need manual relief, maybe I will suddenly get better. Who knows. But, you know what? Complaining won't change any of that!

So, I will say, right now, I'm thankful for few things:

1. I'm thankful that vicodin was invented and that I'm not allergic to it, like I am codeine and many other meds. I may still be sick and my ears still hurt, but I care a whole lot less about it. LOL!

2. I'm especially thankful for being friends with my neighbors. They have kindly agreed to walk my puppy for me this weekend while the husband is away. They were very understanding and sympathetic to my illness.

3. I'm lucky to have a husband who has been promoted, which is why he can not miss drill. He is in a position of authority and can not be gone (he doesn't allow me to share his rank, position, or MOS). It may mean that he has to be gone when I'm sick and could really use him home, but I'm proud of him. And it's not realistic to think that any time I "need" him home it means he will be home. The military is not very flexible about that kinda stuff. :) This is not new to my life, so it's dumb for me to be upset about it.

4. The stupidest thing to be thankful for... In spite of being sick, and in pain, and wanting more than anything to fill up on junk and crap, I have managed to stick with my Weight Watchers plan all week. True, some days I want to give up, but I haven't yet. One thing my deployment experience taught me is that if you can make it through and make the best of a tough situation, you can make it through anything. If a marriage can survive a (or multiple) deployment, than it can survive anything else. If I can stick with my plan while sick, when I most want to quit, then I can stick with it any other time too.

Know, lets just hope that the antibiotic kicks finally kicks in, or at the very least, the ear pain drops and vicodin continue to work this weekend so I can quite being a whinny baby. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger McDancer said...

Glad your neighbors are helping out with the pup. Get well soon!!!

March 5, 2011 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Amy @ Flowery Fashion said...

hahahah. You sound like me. Drill always comes at the freakin most inconvenient times. It makes me want to scream sometimes, but I'm dramatic. ;)

March 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home