<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Reunions... To go or not to go?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reunions... To go or not to go?

For those of you who are new to my blog, you will not remember the blog I posted about my 10 year high school reunion...

Here's the deal. For whatever reason, our ASB is not planning it.  In fact, a person that I truly dislike in all sense of the word is planning it... Here is the post explaining why I dislike her.  That would be the person who took it upon herself to plan this event. And, she is doing a piss poor job.  She posted a survey on FB about it and asked things like, when should we have it?  She listed time frames that were as close as just 2 months away.  She asked if we wanted to reserve a space or (this is not a joke, she actually asked this) just collectively show up somewhere.  Seriously.  How much more ridiculous can this event get!

Today I got a FB message, yes a Facebook message, regarding said event.  It is planned for August.  I guess we got the hook up on a harbor cruise.  Ok, fine.  But, really, is a FB message the appropriate way to "spread the word to be sure that everyone knows" about our reunion?  Hardly.  Being the nice person that I am, I did forward it to everyone... But seriously.  This is so dumb.

I have no idea if I want to go.  On the one hand, there are a few people I would love to see.  On the other, I generally distanced myself from 95% of the people I knew in HS because I actually think most of them are jerks.  And, though the event seems to have managed to get put together in spite of the stupidity of the person planning (I know that that is a very biased opinion), I still feel a bit like I want to not go, simply in protest of the general stupidity that went in to planning it.  

To go or not to go... my husband has no opinion.  He was very involved in his HS and says that he is only 8% committed to going to his... So, that leaves me no where.  HMMM... 

Part of my problem?  I'm very passive aggressive.  I want to go, but don't want to see this girl, nor a number of other people I despise from HS. I have very valid reasons and emotional scars as to why.  Someday, I will share them with you.  Suffice it to say that I lived the movie Mean Girls in a lot less comical way.  The other people I don't like?  I have no problem pretending to be nice to them while strategically planning my exit from their presence.  This girl?  I worry that I would say things to her that I regret.  Ok, so I probably wouldn't actually regret anything I'm tempted to say to her, but I would feel bad doing it publicly.  And I fear that I would not actually be able to be remotely cordial to her.  And I pride myself on being nice to people, even if they don't deserve it...  Call it years of customer service training.  

If I do go... How on earth would I handle her wanting to talk to me!  Let alone handle her actually talking to me without me punching her in the face, or at the minimum calling her some choice names, including but not limited to Heartless Bitch.  But it also seems like a shame to not see people I genuinely like because of one person (or a handful of people) who I don't.  

And for those of you who want to read the lovely letter I wrote a year ago to "Sharon,"  here it is.  No, I never sent it, but I keep it in my draft box of my email just in case I ever get the urge to.  :)


1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Man that's a toughie. I have no idea haha.

March 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home