<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: MIA!!!!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

MIA!!!!

Sorry All!

I've been MIA because I have literally been painting for two days straight!  9ish hours the first day and 6 or so hours yesterday with a short break for lunch with some old co-workers.

Should it have taken two days to paint two coats in just two rooms?  Probably not, but I have a 6 month old puppy and a  Min Pin who is not crated.  So, day one was spent prepping both rooms (the hubs was nice enough to move all furniture etc the night before), painting, keeping the 60 pound doberman puppy out from under my ladder, walking him when he needed to potty, keeping the kids out of the paint, keeping them from being crazy, eating my meals (sometimes) and getting the hang of it.  I really, really wanted to do a good job.  I didn't want the husband to come home and talk about how much paint I got on the ceiling or on the molding or anything.  And the guy at Lowe's, who was wonderful in every way and told me everything I need to know, said that if I didn't hurry, and was sure to line my edging tool just right, that my lines should be smooth and my roller shouldn't splatter at all.  And he was right.  I have one or two minor spots that bleed slightly on the ceiling, but are hardly noticeable.  One is not my fault, the wall is actually uneven there and pushes the pad against the ceiling, which I didn't realize until the second coat.  And I only got a few spots on the molding, and only in the kitchen.  For some reason, the painters tape did not bleed through at all in the dinning room (the second room I painted), but bleed through some in the the kitchen.  I have not figured out way.  Same roll of tape.  Same method.

The only, really crappy thing is that we have a splash guard on our counter tops.  No bid deal except when the painters painted it to sell the house, they got white paint on the edge all around the top.  I didn't think about this and taped it, as I would any edge.  So, when I untaped it, there are patches of white, but when I looked closed, there are only one or two that are legitimately wall, the rest are paint spots on the actual edge.  GRRRR!  We are debating about just painting the guarding to cover this fact.  Had I thought of this (which I should have) I wouldn't have wasted my time taping it, I would have just used the edger tool. Sigh.  Live and learn.

Anyhoo, that was a very long and unnecessary explanation.  Point is, I hope to move everything back today and be back, reading and commenting on all of your wonderful blogs.

Oh, and I will post pictures of the before and after hopefully today.  :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Marie said...

Oh man! I hear ya. I spent an entire day painting my old room back home for my parents. But as much as it was a pain in the neck to make sure everything was perfect, I really enjoyed it. I can't wait till the hubby and I own our own place so I can finally have walls to paint a color I prefer. I'm sick of white walls!

March 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Mask said...

PICS Lady! And how are you and the babies feeling?

March 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home