<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Life is funny that way

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Life is funny that way

I was in the middle of writing this wonderful post about the ebb and flow of life.  About how, if you trust it, life tends to work out for the best in the long run, even if you can't see it in the moment.

I talked about my financial troubles during my deployment and husband troubles, but how things tend to work out.  I was doing this because yesterday our insurance company sent us a check.  They paid some outstanding claims and sent us money.  I called to verify and they said it was a good check, not a mistake.  I guess they set aside money because I had previously had double coverage and now that I don't anymore, I got that money back.  No idea why, but I'm not going to argue free money!

Then today, I got an email from my new job saying that they had decided to give me my employee discount on the Big Kid's surgery!  It's a sizable refund on what we had paid!  I was so happy and excited!  We would be able to put money back in our savings account and back on our credit card, plus we have a paycheck coming this Friday, so I was feeling relieved!  Since I haven't worked in over a month and the husband took a week off, unpaid, to help me and drive me to the doctor when I was sick, then the dog emergency, we are literally out of money!  So, we had cashed out vacation pay, but the husbands job, who usually is really good, messed up and wasn't able to get it to us on time.  So, we had to wait to get it until this week, when we were also going to get paid anyway.  Either way, I was feeling good.  I was thinking, "this is why I trust the ebb and flow of life."

Then my husband called.  I was literally in the middle of writing a sentence about how, though I am still irritated with him, I should be more understanding, and I do love him and this is probably just a phase.  His call stared great.  He talked about how happy he was to hear about our pup refund.  Then he said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot I need four new tires for my truck in the next two weeks."  Why you may be asking?  Why a two week deadline?  Because four months ago, he purchase snow tires, also without any notice.  He just came to me and told me to come up with the money for them because he needed them because of the predicted harsh winter we were facing.  So, I came up with the hundreds of dollars for them.  He was told, four months ago when he did this, that his tires were no good and he needed new ones and that the current ones coming off were no longer drivable.  He failed to tell me this four months ago.  So, in two weeks time, snow tires will, once again, become illegal in the Seattle area and he will be in violation of that law if he does not purchase four new tires for his truck.  Four tires that we do not have the money for.  Four tires that I have not saved for, because I did not know we were going to need to purchase.  Four new tires that are going to cost hundreds of dollars when we have $7 in our checking account, $0 in our emergency fund, $1000 in our bills fund that has to pay our house payment on Friday and a credit card that two weeks ago was almost paid off, that is now $300 from being maxed out.

Life is funny that way.  Just when you think things are going one way, it turns out they are flying in the completely opposite direction.

Can I just add... To add insult to injury.  I have wanted a gerbil forever!  My whole life.  My neighbor had one growing up, but my mom hates rodents.  My husband has been saying for a year that I could have one, first it was my for my birthday, then it was graduation, then Christmas... It never happened.  He kept refusing to let me get one.  Well, my friend is a vet tech at an exotics hospital and they had a blind gerbil come in from a pet store.  The pet store said I can have her for free because she is blind and my friend said she has a cage I can have for her.  And the husband agreed to let me have her last night... And now, free or not, we can't afford it.  She may be free, but her food, bedding, toys, treats and vet care are not.  And that is what makes me the most mad.  Because he never thinks about how his carelessness effects me.  I know it's silly.  It's just a gerbil.  But I'm so heart broken.  To be almost 28 years old and have wanted a gerbil as a pet my whole life and to think I'm going to get one and then have it taken away the very next day sucks.

I'm just going to take a deep breath and keep trying to trust the ebb and flow of life.  This too shall pass.  And somewhere down the line, way down, even if I can't see it now, It will work out.  Right?

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

Ugh, I'm sorry the tire situation is super frustrating and it's not silly at all to be upset by not being able to get the gerbil. I hope the tide turns in your favor soon!

March 31, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home