<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: If I was sad before, I sure as heck ain't now!!!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

If I was sad before, I sure as heck ain't now!!!

I woke up today with a horrible head ache.  So bad, in fact, that I spent the whole day in bed, sleeping.... Aside from waking up occasionally to call the hospital about the Big kid that is. (He is home and doing great!  He ate an entire stuffed hedgehog.)

This afternoon, my cellphone rang.  It was my office manager.  She inquired as to how I was feeling and how the puppy was.  I told her I was ok and that we were hoping to pick him up from the hospital later in the afternoon.  She then told me she needed me to be sure to get her my paperwork from the doctor for my personnel file. Then she asked how many scrubs tops I have at home because she also needs those back.  Really?!  After how I've been being treated, this phone call should not have been a surprise, but explain to me why I would go out of my way to do anything for this woman, or this company at this point.  Here I was trying to go back to work.  I negotiated three weeks notice with my new job to try to help my old job out, and they repay me by telling me to not bother to come back in the rudest way possible.  Then have the nerve to call me, after denying me treatment for my dog, and asking me to bring in my scrub tops and paperwork.  Now, if you have told me that I am "essentially not an employee anymore," after being a jerk about me being sick, why do you need paperwork about my illness?

Basically, she fired me.  Only, technically, I had already quit, so...  Why am I going to do anything for her?  What's really too bad?  I had hoped to stay a client. I told her that and my co-workers that.  I like the doctors.  I trust them.  But, after being treated so badly in response to my leaving, there is no way in hell I'm going to give them any of my money.  And it's a shame she didn't think of that...  The clinic is under pressure from corporate to make money.  They took a hit in the last year because of the recession.  They are cutting employee hours, business hours, bitching about us needing to make more money, and the office manager drives away a long time client (me) by being a complete bitch in response to me finding a better job.  Think of all the money they could make off me.  The big kid will need to be neutered, the little one is due for her annual exam and vaccines and fecal in a month.  She still needs regular blood work (at $126 a pop) for her liver enzymes... And all of that money could have been going to them!  Instead, it will be going to a clinic up the street.

What a piss poor way to run your business!  No wonder they are having financial issues.  I wonder how our clients are really being treated?  I only see what I do and what the doctors do, but what about the receptionist and office manager (who is currently filling in as a receptionist)?  HHMMM....

It's a pity.  And now, I am really freaking happy to be out of there!  And my lead tech informed me today that she was mad I was treated this way again today, and that this was also one of her reasons for leaving.  And, the head doc knows about this kinda stuff and doesn't do anything in response to it.

So happy to be going to work for a better run company!!!  

1 Comments:

Blogger ABW said...

Wow, what a work of art she is! Sounds like you are better off, but they should pay you till the end of your notice since you gave that first. When I quit a job I hate like that, I always give an extra long notice so they will pay me immediately and I can leave, lol.

March 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home