<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I could use a little sunshine...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, March 14, 2011

I could use a little sunshine...

Still not working and realizing it's for the best.  Still not feeling well, so probably shouldn't be working...

But, today, I'm having a whirlwind of emotions about it.

Just found out that my lead tech put in her two week notice today... I'm shocked!  Yes, she encouraged me to take the job offer I had, but I didn't realize it's because she was also thinking of leaving.  She is our number one gal!  She does all of our ordering for one!  She's been there the longest.  Oh, and did I mention that she is the only other reliable person on staff?  So, I feel bad that I'm quitting when she is also quitting, but I'm glad too.  With her gone, there is no way I would have been very happy to work there.

But, my friend and co-worker also just found out that her friend died this morning and now has to fly home to go to the funeral...  So, I'm back to feeling crappy that I'm not working and that I put in my notice.  I kind of flop back and forth.  I'm going to call the doc tomorrow and ask if I can go back to work so I can cover her shifts for a few days, but I don't have high hopes that that conversation is going to go in my favor...

And, I'm still feeling depressed about being stuck in the house.  The hubs has been home since Thursday helping me out, which is great.  This AM I woke up feeling horrible.  At first I thought I had just slept too much, but quickly realized that it was, in fact, that my head hurt so bad that I was nauseous.  With him home, I was able to go up stairs and lay in bed most of the day and not have to worry about the dogs.  On the flip side (again with the flopping back and forth) him being home means that neither of us are making any money... You know, that pesky things called a mortgage tends to need to be paid with US dollars earned in exchanged for goods or labor provided to a company.  Sucky.

And, being home, has made me realize how many of my friends have moved away, how few of them I actually hear from, even when I try to call, and how lonely I really am most of the time.  And, most of my friends are going through tough times.  Two have grandmothers in the hospital, one is having friend troubles during a deployment, the afore mentioned friend death, job troubles etc etc.  It just seems like there is an awful lot of rain in our lives right now, and I could use a little sunshine...

I'm trying to remember that me being out of work is temporary, as is the hubs.  But, the friend situation, is not.  I can't change the places my friends husbands get stationed... I really need to start making friends with people who are not AD wives... I need local friends who are not likely to move... I really just need friends... :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Krystal. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss ): that's so saddening...
but you're not alone.
i don't have any friends down here yet.
just my hubby.
& i hope to make some friends. ): i'm getting lonely.

March 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger kaitlin johnston said...

hi -

i have commented on your posts before .. and i have been reading them more recently .. noticing how you have been sick for quite a while .. i mustve missed the one where you decided not to work anymore though ?!
you have to do whats best for you and your family. and thats basically the end of it. if you can afford to go without working for a while while looking for another job then dont suffer with going back. the stress you put on yourself when doing so just makes it even worse.
i dont know if you are a religous person at all .. but i would definitely say that some prayer couldn't hurt. ask God to point you in the right direction of a job and some new friends and see what he has in store for you. i'll be praying for you and your husband and that it all works out :)

have a great day ! :)

- kaitlin

March 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home