<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: A failure to plan is a plan for failure

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A failure to plan is a plan for failure

My husband says this to me all the time.  It may be the unofficial Marine Corps motto.

He says it whenever I have forgotten even the tiniest little detail.  He said it to me today.  We went to Cirque Du Soleile.  I love it and we go every time they come to town.  This happened to be my favorite show ever, Quidam, which is why I bought super good seats.  I had never seen it live and was stoked it was coming to town.  Well, about halfway through the show, my headache came in full force.  It was horrible.  He asked my why I never have Aleve on me.  I usually do, but my little bottle of it is empty, so I threw it out.  I told him that I had found another small bottle in the bathroom, but when I opened it, I discovered that he had shoved a bunch of other pills in there too.  He asked why I hadn't emptied it out, or why I didn't just refill my little bottle from our big bottle.  I told him I threw out my little one because I had found his little one and didn't know he had put random crap in it... This conversation goes in circles for about three more minutes at which time he says, "well, a failure to plan is a plan for failure."  GRRR!

So, after the show, we are heading home when he asks if we should hit Lowe's on the way and buy paint for at least one room and more samples... Though we are happy with two of the three colors we have chosen, the living room remains elusive.  Two samples on the wall and we are still not happy.  I agreed to this proposal because I agreed to paint while I'm home before I start my new job.

Well, we get all the way to Lowe's, my headache still roaring and I say, "We should have them mix the paint while we are gathering our supplies.  How much paint do we need?"  He says, "I don't know, just get one gallon."  That is actually what he said.  I replied, "No, there is no way one gallon will do it.  It took two to paint the small bedroom at your mothers house."  He says, "well, get two for now and we can always come back." Again, no.  If you don't get all your paint at the same time, sometimes the batches will come out different, even though they are technically mixing the same color for you.  My parents made this mistake and wound up with half a wall a slightly different shade then the other.  So, we ended up driving all the way home, so he can measure and calculate, so that we can drive all the way back to buy our stuff.  GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so freaking irritated!!!  How is my forgetting some pain meds a failure to plan, but him not measuring the walls isn't?  Not to mention that, last night, when he suggested we buy paint today, I specifically told him that meant he needed to measure the rooms so we could know how much to buy.  WHAT THE CRAP!!!!!

Somedays, I look at this man, and wonder how he is one of the most efficient Marines, most efficient employees, most efficient people in the world, yet this sorta stuff happens all the time.

All I can say is THANK GOD! he said I could have our birthday party catered!  (we have friends who own a restaurant) Every year we do the dance of how will I plan a party, most likely have to work that day, clean, decorate and host a party, make all the food, and clean up after a party without him... Why?  Because he fails to plan.  Every time, I get home to nothing done and him asking how long this or that will take me because he needs this or that done too.

The joys of living with men.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krystal. said...

OMG, I know how you feel... Men! What can you do about it? LOL

But I do hate when little arguments happen because of something so small. Hope your headache is gone!

March 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

Hello :) I am new to your blog and wanted to drop by and say hey.

And I feel your pain when it comes to double standards! It is a huge pain in the neck to live with men, but especially Marines... sometimes. They are always trying to through their mottos at us. Drives me NUTS!

Also, I am obsessed with the Cirque. I have only seen two of their shows, but Quidam is the one show I am dieing to see.

March 20, 2011 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home