<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Exasperation doesn't even begin to describe....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Exasperation doesn't even begin to describe....

Saw a co-worker today.  She informed me that a fellow co-worker, who was not there on the day I put in my notice, was told that I was "let go" earlier this week.  My very nice co-worker informed everyone that I was not let go.  That I had put in my notice.  This was prior to all the crap my office manager told me : I was "essentially not an employee" and then called to ask me to return my uniform.

WTF!  Doesn't even begin to describe my thoughts.  I don't understand what is going on.  What did I do?  I have never so much as been taken into the office and talked to.  At my 90 day review I was told that I needed to chit chat a little less, no big deal, and that one employee had said she thought I was mean to her once, but was then told that the office manager and head Dr thought this employee was being "too sensitive" because they didn't feel I would do that or that I was like that.  That pretty much sums it up.  And, frankly, I was very upset that someone would think I was mean in any way and told my office manager that.  Other than that, I have never been in trouble for anything and I wasn't even really "in trouble" for those things.  The techs like me, the docs seem to like me.  I get along with everyone to my knowledge...  I guess the head doc asked me to do my intake faster... But I don't think I was "in trouble" for that.

I specifically worded my resignation etc at my meeting delicately. I specifically told her it was important to me that they know I enjoyed working there, but that I needed 40 hours a week and this was a good opportunity, and that they asked me to apply, I had not sought it out.  I told her I wanted to stay on as a client because I love the doctors.  I told her I worked it out with my new job to give three weeks notice.  When she said she might not have me come back, she said she would talk to the techs to see if that was ok.  I told her that I would do whatever was best for (insert name of clinic).  That I would love to come back to fulfill my notice, but that I understood if they decided they didn't need me to.  I wanted to make the transition as easy as possible.  I apologized for the unfortunate timing of my illness coinciding with my new job offer.  I said it was important to me to leave on good terms because I wanted to stay on as a client... She said she understood and that I was leaving on good terms and that of course I could stay on as a client.

That was last Friday.  I guess early this week, she told that employee that she had "let me go." Tuesday I called her and told her that I couldn't cover shifts this week (the tech who had to fly back home) because I couldn't get my neurology appointment until next week, in spite of the efforts of myself and my doctors, but that I was feeling a little better and was confident that I would continue to improve through the week (which I have) and I was confident that I would get released back to work next week. She told me she had figured I had tried and that she appreciated my effort.  I told her I would keep her updated.   Wend is when I called about my pup and she told me that I was "essentially not an employee anymore," and Thursday is when she called to ask me for my doctors note saying that I "was not released back to work" and for me to return my scrubs "some time before April 2nd."  April 2nd being the day I cited as my last day of work in my letter of resignation.

So, where did all of this go wrong?  I have no idea.  Why is she telling people she fired me?  She never told me she fired me.  How can I be fired if I was never notified that I was fired?  Why would she do all of this after telling me that I was leaving on good terms?  Why is this happening?  I wanted to be a client there, I sure as heck am not going to now.  Not after being treated this way.

Icing on the cake?  Found out the head doctor (read: practice manager) has not been there and doesn't seem to know that two of us have quit.  What is going to happen when he comes back next week to an understaffed clinic?  What is he going to say?  Is the office manager going to admit that I quit and she told me not to come back?  Is he going to override her?  Would I be legally obligated to return if he did ask me to after what she has done and said?  I know my co-workers are not going to lie for her.  I know they will tell him what really happened...

I have no idea why this is happening, what I did to deserve it, or why she would be lying to others.. or for that matter to me.  

1 Comments:

Blogger McDancer said...

Wow. Just wow. Sounds to me like the office manager is just trying to save herself. Clearly she is not handling things properly and rather than make changes to fix things, she is laying blame on people who are leaving.
Thank goodness you have a better opportunity.

March 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home