<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Cleared for Take Off!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cleared for Take Off!

Ok, so I don't actually fly, and today is the first day I have driven my car in two weeks... None the less, the doc cleared me!

My lovely neurologist said I'm suffering from a SEVERE tension headache.  WOW!  I've had tension headaches before, in fact, I get them all the time, I would never have thought they would be this bad.  6 weeks I've had this!  She also said to stop taking the Vicodin ASAP.  She said that is probably making it worse because I've been on it so long.  She did not give me any indication that the fluid in my ears is related in anyway or why I would have that, but she said, assuming I feel better, I can go back to work...

That was after she gave me three rather unpleasant injections of a steroid mixed with lidocaine.  Two in the base of my skull and one in my shoulder.  She said that should help relieve the pain that is causing the headache.  She also prescribed a medication that, when taken daily, will help prevent headaches in the future.  The sad side effect of this pill?  Weight loss.  Oh, Gee darn!  HAHA!

She recommended physical therapy, but I don't get very many visits from my insurance and I'm pretty sure I used them up last year.  I asked about massage and she said that she would actually prefer me do hot yoga.  I'm not kidding.  She even put it in my instructions so I can write it off on my taxes!  So, hot yoga it is.  She said it would help in the long term much better than massage.

I sure hope this works!!!  I'm tired of feeling crappy!  But she said I can call or come back in any time if I need to or don't feel like I'm improving.

Finally, some answers!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Glad you have some good suggestions!

March 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Krystal. said...

Yay! So glad things are getting better for you. Hot yoga? That sounds so nice! I love yoga... I really would love to start doing it again!

March 22, 2011 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger McDancer said...

Yay, finally answers and so great that you are up and about again.
Hot yoga as a tax write off? Most excellent!

March 22, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home