<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Blessed is the only word!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blessed is the only word!

That's right, you heard me, still sick.  I tried to not take the pain meds today.... It took one walk of the dog to see that that was not a good idea.  I had hoped to be feeling well enough do some stuff around the house and walk the dogs.  No such luck...

Then, if it hasn't been a crazy enough time, I got a call today.  A much anticipated call.  The call I have been waiting for all week.  The emergency hospital I interviewed at called me today.  At first, I thought they were calling to tell me they went with someone else, but then she said the best thing ever, "We would like to offer you the job!"  HOLY COW!  In the seven months I've been out of school I have been so blessed.  There is no other way to put it.  BLESSED!

I got my dream job right out of school. The place that I never thought would hire me.  Then, I got offered a job out of the blue three months later that was a great opportunity.  And now it has happened again!  I feel so lucky!

I have always felt like an unlucky person.  I am Murphy's Law incarnate.  Seriously.  Take my awesome bilateral ear infections with sinus infection to boot!  That seems to be antibiotic resistant no less!  I'm a walking catastrophe...  And yet, here I am, looking at the opportunity I have always wanted!  A great job, with amazing benefits, at a wonderful, well respected hospital!  And, they love to hire internally, so I can change to different specialties and never leave the comfort of my workplace.  :)

I will miss my current job.  I love my coworkers and the small, family feel that we have.  I love that we all help each other out.  I love the flexibility and the seven minute commute.  I love that I got to scrub into surgery the other day.  Yep, the Dr needed help and I simply said that I had never scrubbed in before, so the other techs said, "Nows the time to do it!"  It's been amazing working there.  Everyone has been so supportive of me and has really helped me sharpen my skills... And those skills shined brightly at my working interview and helped me land this amazing opportunity.

There are things that frustrate me at my job.  Things I don't like.  Times I'm stressed and angry, but I know I will miss it.  It was such a great place to start.  I feel lucky to have worked there with such wonderful, experienced techs.  And now, I get to move onto another place with more wonderful experienced techs to help teach me more and and allow me to grow more professionally.

I'm so shocked and stunned!  I feel like they are going to call and say that they were wrong and had called the wrong person... Why me?  I couldn't have been the most experienced.  I mean, times are tough in the vet field.... But at the same time, I know a number of techs that didn't apply for the job because they didn't think they were qualified or knowledgeable enough.  But, I say "Poo! on that thinking."  How do you expect to learn if you never try?  I'm a dive right in and soak it up kinda person, and I guess that paid off!

WOW!  I'm just so stunned, excited, anticipatory, relieved, shocked, speechless... HOLY COW!!!!


I GOT THE JOB!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Congrats!

March 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you! I bet you'll do wonderful at your new job, and I'm sure you deserve it! :)

March 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Krystal. said...

This is sooooo awesome, congrats to you. After being in so much pain- you deserve this! Good luck with your new job!

March 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Congratulations that is so awesome!

March 6, 2011 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger McDancer said...

Congratulations!

March 7, 2011 at 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home