<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: And the Award Goes to...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And the Award Goes to...

It's official!  My husband wins!  He wins the biggest jerk, biggest ass award.

We went to bed at the same time last night.  So, when our wonderful puppy started whining at 5am this morning needing to go out, it was a bit of a surprise.  But he was walked a little earlier than usual last night and had a sweet potato chew, which we have discovered acts as a "lubricator."

Mind you, my husband gets up at 6:10am every weekday to walk him before going to work.  So, imagine my surprise and total and utter irritation when I nudged him to let him know the dog was needing to go out early and he said, "Uh, would you be totally pissed if you walked him?"  Me?  The person who does not have to get up for work in an hour anyway.  The person who will be walking him and training him and taking care of him ALL day long.  The person who is taking him the all of his vet visits, his dog trainer and who gives him all of his medications because, to quote my husband, "that's what you went to school for anyway."  Sure, why not.  Why wouldn't I get up at 5 am to walk the dog when you have to get up an hour anyway?  Because the iron clad doggy care agreement we made prior to getting the puppy states that YOU will walk him in the mornings before work and at night before bed. Oh, that's right, if I get up at 5am and walk the dog, that means you will, in fact, get to sleep in an extra 20 minutes you complete and utter ASSHOLE! (I'm so sorry, pardon my language)

You know what really made my 5am start to my day fantastic?  Getting downstairs, letting the dog out, getting to the front door to leash him up and not being able to find the flashlight.  You know that silly, pesky, stupid little thing you need to see in the dark, wooded areas that might surround say townhomes that are located in an area that is predominately protected wetland.  So, I looked all over, then went to the stairs and shouted, "hey, where's the flashlight?" to no response because my husband has the incredible ability to fall back asleep no matter what, and as I turned around I found my 6 month old puppy doing his business in my kitchen.  AWESOME!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Marie said...

Oh man! I am so sorry. I do not know your husband, but maybe he is just in a funk lately. I hope, anyways.

March 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Wow, I am so sorry you are miserable! If the dog needs to go out, the dog can't help it...

March 29, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home