<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Nominations and Headaches

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nominations and Headaches

So, I have been nominated twice for the same award in the last week and feel very honored about that. :) I know it's silly, but I think blogger awards are really fun and a great way for all us bloggers to keep connected.

That said, I have not yet posted my award or participated. :( It will is because I have a wicked headache and have been fighting it off and on, everyday for the last almost month. First, I blamed it on the husbands snoring, but he finally bought some anti-snore stuff and the last two days I have slept the night through and it's still here. It's worse when I eat food from restaurants, which is probably because of the high salt content... though, I usually suffer from low blood pressure and have never worried about salt intake in my life.

I also am having a bit of a struggle with trying to adopt the dog. Though I think he would be in a good home here, he has some issues... Mostly of the guarding variety. I'm not worried about that, but the adoption people went from jumping for joy that we wanted him and thinking we were wonderful, to seeming hesitant. I'm a little frustrated. 1. I'm a vet tech, I can deal with difficult dogs, I do it for a living. 2. I've trained difficult dogs. 3. I know a lot about canine behavior, did I mention I'm a vet tech? 4. No, we don't have a yard, but so what? If I'm jogging with my furry guy everyday, who needs a yard? Besides, people who buy incredibly social dogs like Dobies and then stick them in the yard for endless hours of the day are not doing that dog any good. 5. We do not crate if we can help it, so he wouldn't be confined for hours on end, he would simply be baby gated into the kitchen. 6. I come home on my lunch breaks and can take my kid to work with me. So, either way he wouldn't be confined all day.... I could go on and on about why I'm a little irritated that they are suddenly questioning us, after being so excited about us.

Anyhoo, I have a doctor appointment about my headache, hopefully, I will feel better and can post my award and my pictures from our weekend away. :)


PS. I also had an interview at the super nice hospital today. It went really well, and the HR woman was super excited about me. :) We'll see how that goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly Sandusky said...

Hey! I love your blog! Follow mine?
http://hollysanduskyy.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

February 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home