<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: It's just a little bit of rain....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's just a little bit of rain....

You know the phrase, "when it rains, it pours?" Well, I'm having one of those weeks.

My poor min pin. Just when I think we are figuring things out, the dog walker emails me. She tells me that she doesn't think she should walk her anymore. A little background before I continue--- Pups only loves and only trust me, in general. The hubs is working with her, but she doesn't trust easily and doesn't really care for strangers, so it's not a huge surprise that she doesn't walk great for her. In the past, she has refused to walk on the street, but done fine once they got to the park.

Her email indicated to me that she is refusing to walk at all. She said she is ok near the house, but basically refused to walk at all once they get to the street or park. She was concerned that she did not enjoy it and she didn't want to force her or stress her out. I gave her some ideas for winning her over.

But I it troubled me. This is really abnormal behavior for my little fur kid. She may not trust the dog walker, but usually the thrill of peeing on new things, possibly eating garbage and grass in general is enough for her to not care who is walking her. So, when I was at work today, I asked a vet why a dog would suddenly change this behavior. She said that sometimes it's pain. Pups has been quieter lately, but I thought it was because of the food allergies/discomfort from that. So, I had the husband bring her to work at lunch. We did a neurological exam and it was normal. But when we did the neck and spinal exam, we discovered a back injury. :( For now, we are hoping it's either soft tissue or minor enough to treat with a pain med/anti-inflammatory and some rest. So, no more walks for two weeks. Hopefully, we are right and she will improve. If not, it will be X-rays and maybe an MRI.

We almost had to cancel our anniversary weekend trip to Seattle. She needs to get her pain meds every evening and our neighbors are not up to the task... She can be difficult to medicate once she figures out what you are trying to do-- Tricky Devil! The hotel said we could bring her along, but they would prefer that we take her with us when we go out during the day (which is not an option) and would make us take her home if she whined at all (which is a real possibility). Fortunately, I have a vet tech friend who lives close by and is willing to give her her meds.

Sigh. I feel so horrible for my little furry one. I feel horrible that I didn't notice she was in pain! Why does she have to be so stoic? Why does she have to refuse to show us when she hurts!? I just feel so bad for her, she just can't catch a break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

What kind of dog is she? I would feel horrible as well. I have a cat who is much like a human being and when people see how we are around each other, they seriously think I've gone crazy and decided to have a cat as a daughter. She's so smart and sometimes it scares me. I wouldn't know what to do if something was wrong with her, It would upset me just as much if I had a sick child. I totally understand where you're coming from. I'd be worried as well to leave her alone while on Vacation, I'd be worried sick! I wish y'all could find out what exactly is wrong with her so she could get better!

February 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home