<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I think...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, February 21, 2011

I think...

I think in the days to come, this blog is going to end up being more about my new dog than about military life... LOL!

I'm absolutely smitten with my kiddo! He loves me and adores me and I can't get enough of it! He follows me around, he checks on me and cuddles me.... And he is starting to get jealous of The Little One! She was on the couch and I went up to pet and kiss her and he came up and started nudging my hands to get me to pet him instead. This is going to be an interesting week in our house.

He's doing great, getting more and more confident, he's starting to stand up to The Little One and he is doing great with the potty training. We still have accidents, but he is pretty good about letting us know he needs to go outside. It's just a matter of keeping his attention on the fact that he needs to potty. He gets out there and gets very distracted, won't potty, then comes in the house and does it. But I'm working on keeping him out there enough that he remembers he needs to pee and goes. :)

Today, I took him to work for his puppy exam. He got some vaccinations and did great. Not anything like Bel who thinks we are trying to murder her with the injections. He was a little nervous at first, but warmed up quickly and then got very comfortable. He even let me know he had to potty there and I took him outside and he did his business! Such a good dog!

The only issue is that he is not nearly as food motivated at our min pin is. He only kinda knows his name because he doesn't quite get it with the treats. With the little one, I just sat on the couch and said her name while I fed her treats. With in half a day she knew that her name meant good things. Our Puppy sorta knows his name, but the treat thing doesn't seem to be working as well. He'll figure it out... But it also means we have to figure out what motivates him so we can start getting him trained in puppy manners in the next week or so.

Either way, he is fantastic!! He barks when he thinks someone is approaching me to fast, but stops when I tell him to relax and we walk away to show there is no threat. He loves me! He is doing well tolerating Bel and her ridiculousness, he's getting more confident in his surroundings, inside and out, and is getting more confident in us as his owners. He's such a great dog!!!

I just really hope our min pin will start warming up to him a bit more.... But baby steps.

1 Comments:

Blogger kaitlin johnston said...

how exciting ?! i remember when we got our dog raven she was very timid. we got her from the animal shelter and we think she didnt have a great life beforehand. she was very afraid to eat and would only do so if we sat by her and watched. she is the same way with me tho .. very protective :) i love it .. crime is unfortunately high around here currently .. so every time i have to go outside to take the garbage out or get something out of my car, she comes along. i wouldnt trade her for anything :)

congrats on your new pooch :)

February 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home