<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Happy 400!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy 400!

It's my 400th post!

Sadly, it's not all good news.

1. Anniversary weekend with hubby was awesome! I will post pictures this weekend- if I have time to get the pictures onto my computer.
2. Went back to work and it was a light week. Sorta nice to ease into things after being gone for three days.
3. Got a call from my doctors office. Tricare has decided they want a refund for a visit I had one (yes, as in numero uno) year ago. They are saying I had other insurance at the time. I have no idea, since we didn't get our insurance cards from the hubby's job for ages. We have no idea when it actually kicked back in... So, it's possible that Tricare will have to be refunded. Sadly, my civilian insurance will most likely refuse to pay on the grounds of an "untimely file," so we will have to come up with $400. :(
4. Last week our pup got diagnosed with a back injury... She's on bed rest. We decided to do blood work on her because our lab has decided to let our employees get free blood work done. Got called while I was out of town by a vet at work to be told that the little one's liver values are moderately high. That meant that we had to discontinue her pain meds ASAP, and she is now on a liver supplement. We are going to check her blood work again in a few weeks to see if she is improving and I'm taking her into work tomorrow to ultrasound her to check for a liver mass. Poor thing, she just can't seem to catch a break.

And for the grand finale of ridiculousness! Drum Roll..... BBBBRRRRR....

I got an email from a big hospital about a couple job openings they have! I was going to work for them when I graduated, but they didn't have openings so it didn't work out. They emailed me a few days ago to say they had some really good positions open. I inquired a bit and the benefits are pretty amazing! That said, I have a good job and I like it, so I was going to decline... I had told the girls yesterday about the job and said that it was pretty amazing, but that my current job seemed more convenient. Then, one of my co-worker approached me today to tell me that she has heard a rumor (from a good source) that we might be laying off a tech. :( She encouraged me to look into this other job just in case. WHAT THE HECK! I leave a good job for a better job, just in time to find out that they laid everyone off at the first job. Now, I'm at that good job, being offered another good job, just in time to hear that I might not have a job anymore. GEEZE!

On the one hand, I feel lucky that I managed to network well enough to have these opportunities. But, my resume is going to look awful! Three jobs in 6 months? Granted, very good reasons to leave them, but it looks pretty bad. But we already let a person go at work, and cut another persons hours. I already only average 35 hours a week. I can't take much more of a cut... I just don't know what to do. I hate to leave my job on a rumor, but I hate to turn down a job offer and lose my current job and be left unemployed with nothing.

What a crazy week... And after such a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

Did I mention that my husband has started snoring, so I haven't slept in almost three weeks? I'm so glad he is at drill this weekend... I will finally sleep through the night, multiple nights in a row!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

I gave you a Blog award! Go to http://cjwr04.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-blog-award.html to check it out! :)

February 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home