<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: At wits end

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

At wits end

I'm so frustrated I could cry.

It's 12am at my house. I have to be up for work at 7. By all accounts that is sleeping in. However, now I'm going to be exhausted because I am still not asleep. Why you ask? Because my husband is home and is snoring so loud and so often that I have no hope of sleeping.

For more than three weeks now he has been doing this. At first, he said it was a cold. But it didn't improve. I told him that he needed to buy some Breath Right strips, try allergy pills, or see a doctor. It is NOT normal for a 28 year old man to suddenly start snoring out of the blue. In the five years we have been together, he has snored on occasion, but I would just nudge him and say, "You're snoring," and he would change positions and stop. This not longer works.

I have spent the last three weeks begging him to do something. I need sleep. I am getting no sleep. I think I'm averaging 4-5 hours on a good night. He told me he was positive he wouldn't snore if he was on his right side. There are multiple flaws with that theory. 1. when you are sleeping, you do not consciously choose what position you lay in. 2. The night he told me that, I woke up a record amount of times due to his snoring and 75% of the time, he was laying on his right side.

I, again, begged him to do something. See a doctor, get those nasal strips, anything. I'm so tired.

He did not. Then he went to drill. I was looking forward to two consecutive days of sleeping through the night... Then at 3am last night a doctor from my work called. We had a hospitalized patient and she was there checking on her and needed to do x-rays, but she has no idea how to use the machine. So, I got to wake up and walk her through entering the patient in and the settings, the foot pedal etc. for a half hour. Then I had to try to fall back a sleep. Though I slept in a little today, I couldn't really sleep in a ton because I had to be sure to be in bed tonight to get up for work in the morning, and that wouldn't happen if I slept until 10 or 11 in the morning.

Luckily for me, the husband returned home late, then talked to me about his weekend for an hour (in spite of the fact that I told him I had to go to bed because I had to work in the morning) because he does not have to get up for work, he has tomorrow off. He then insisted that we go to bed (now an hour and a half late for me) because he was tired and needed- get this- a full night of uninterrupted sleep. I'm not kidding. He actually said that to me. And then, he began snoring, and no matter how many times I nudge him, he just keeps going.

So, I woke his ass up and said, "can you please go sleep on the couch, you are snoring so loud." To which he replied by looking at his phone to see the time, then getting pissed off at my request because it's midnight, and then proceeding to grab pillows and blankest angrily while slamming the door, stomping and generally making as much noise as humanly possible. Nice.

So, guess who is sleeping on the couch? That's right. I am. Mostly because when he does crap like that it means that he will be a complete and utter A-hole for at least a day, if not longer. And seeing as I have had no sleep in three weeks (now going on four) and am not in the mood to put up with a sulking two year old, I decided that I would give up yet another nights sleep so that he could get his precious full nights rest. I, of all people, can sympathize with how hard it must be for him. Two days in a row of no sleep is tough. *I'd like to go upstair and slap him in the face as hard as I can right now.

Luckily for me, I find the couch fairly uncomfortable to sleep on, I don't know how to work the sleep timer on the TV in the living room, the heat in our house rises to the upper floor, meaning it's freezing downstairs all night long, the dog knows I'm here and will whine all night if I don't let her sleep with me, but will "cuddle" in the most uncomfortable positions if I do, and I'm surrounded by windows that, even with the blinds down, will bathe me in the first mornings light bright and freaking early.

I seriously think I'm going to end up sitting down here and crying all night out of frustration and shear exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home