<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Welcome 2011!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I know it's only day 3 of the new year, but I have to say, it's already shaping up to being the best year ever!

The hubby has been awesome! He is trying to so hard! I got upset with him the other day. He sorta brushed me off-- sound familiar? But, I stopped him and said, "No, I'm really upset right now. I need you to listen to me and hear me." And then he did something totally new. He turned to me, he apologized, then listened to me. Actually, listened. He then explained (not making an excuse) how his brain was working in that moment so that I could understand, then said he was sorry that he didn't see it from my perspective, but that he understood why I would be upset!!!! I was flabergasted! But so happy! I've been trying for months to get him to listen to me and hear me when I'm hurt or upset. I'm been explaining why excuses are worthless if you don't bother to understand or change in the future. I've been so frustrated and fed up. Then, all the sudden, out of no where, he listened! It was so nice to have a real conversation. We talked, not fought, about the situation and how to resolve it... And how to avoid it in the future.

That was such an amazing way to start the year.

We had a blast at a friends New Years party. She has a view of the space needle, so, for the first time in my life, I got to see the New Years brought in by the Space Needle fireworks LIVE! So amazing! I don't think I've had that much fun in years! And definitely never for New Years Eve.

Then, my hubby and I talked about what to do with our lovely escrow check. I want to put a chunk of it on our debt, the do some home improvements. We got some estimates and discussed what we wanted to do. I want to re-do our closets so that we actually have storage space, he wants to paint. So, I got estimates on both and painting was going to be a bit expensive. He agree, and said he understood why I wanted the closets and that he thought that was a good idea. (Does this sound like the man I married to you, because it doesn't to me! Usually he would push and fight for what he wants and make me make it work)

For the new year, I saved up money (using part of my cashed out pension from my old job) to pay for a new, state of the art, fastest shot gun in the world for the hubby. It was on a special military/law enforcement rebate until 12/31/10. He also has a friend who owns a gun store who helped make it even cheaper. But all that said, it was still an expensive gun. The reason I was even remotely ok with it is because the hubby has been talking about taking up competitive shooting for years and really wants to start this year and this gun would help him get a good head start. But still, it's a lot of money! So, I asked very politely if, after we pay some debt and put in the new closet, if I could have a little bit of the escrow money for me. I don't have a plan for it, but maybe I could get new tennis shoes, or some more make up (which I desperately need). I might get some new clothes. It's been years since I did that. I don't know. But it would be nice to have a little bit of money to do whatever I want with it. The hubby agreed!!! Seriously, what is going on with my man? He said it was time I got to have some fun money. He said I'm always so responsible and never buy things just because, so he thought it sounded like a good idea for me to have some of that money to do something fun!

I still don't know what I will do with it, but I'm not going to argue!

Man, it's been such a weird, great, awesome, amazing few days!! And I'm the happiest I've been since my husband came home from Iraq. It feels like we are finally clicking again. We are talking again. We are communicating. We are getting back to where we were when we first got married. He is not shutting me out... as much. We still have a ways to go. He still needs to get off the computer more. We still need to talk more, but we are finally making head way to that goal!

I hope the rest of 2011 is as great as these first few days have been!

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Yay for 2011! Its going to be a good year:) I'm happy for you!

January 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home