<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: No one said my job was boring...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, January 17, 2011

No one said my job was boring...

Today was our new doctors first surgery day... She took a very long time to do three spays. It was not really her fault. We ended up having three tough kiddos. We also had our floors cleaned on Saturday, so all of our stuff (surgical tables, monitoring equipement etc) had been moved into another room. When I got there, a tech was late so none of it had been moved back. So, we were officially, already, running behind. We moved all our equipment back, and set up for surgery. Then our ECG machine would work. I guess unplugging it and moving it, then moving it back, didn't agree with it. So, we had to trouble shoot for like 2o minutes to get it working again, setting us back even farther. But, if it wasn't going to be fun enough to be running late all day, our third tech had an allergic reaction to something and I had to rush her to the hospital... Did I mention it was while we had a surgery going and another patient premedicated for surgery?

She started to break out in hives while monitoring anesthesia for our first spay, so she switched with another tech and took some benedryl. It didn't help. After a few minutes, the hives started to spread and her face/tongue started to get puffy. That is when I said, "grab your coat we are going to the ER." I called ahead and told the ER we were coming so they would be ready to treat her ASAP. Good thing too, just as we were pulling up to the exit, she started having trouble breathing. I then rushed back to work to help with the second surgery and the day just spiraled out of control from there on. I got just enough of a lunch to run home and grab food, then eat as fast I could to clock back on. We didn't finish all of our surgeries until almost 2, when we are usually done around 11:30. The doctors were doing their own TPR's (temperatures, respiration rates, and Pules, like when you go to the doctor and the medical assistant takes your vitals and your history) because we were recovering patients, and dealing with all the patients they brought back to us to be treated. We still needed to clean up from surgery and all of that and we still had our closing list to do.

AHHH! It was a long, crazy day. And I still have to cook my husband dinner.

1 Comments:

Blogger my other half is a sailor. said...

nope. your job doesn't sound boring at all, actually. and to have to cook dinner to end the day with - i know the feeling!

January 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home