<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Is it weird that this bothers me?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Is it weird that this bothers me?

So, I found out about a place that I can get custom jewelry done. I looked up the place, it was great, lots of military inspired stuff. So, I contacted them and asked if I could work with them to get a custom piece done. We emailed back and forth about what I wanted and if it would work.

I got the email that they had made it work. I then got the email with the link to purchase it and how much it would cost. I asked my husband to buy it for me, and he never did. So, I emailed them, apologized for the delay and let them know I was purchasing it right away.

It arrived a few weeks ago and turned out great... That said, I started to spread the word about this small business to my military wife friends and was asked to show a picture of my piece. So, I went the Facebook page and looked up my piece under the Custom Pieces photo album only to discover that it says it was made for someone else.

What the heck? I specifically asked for the things that were included in the piece and worked with the person about how it would look. I asked for a pendant with a specific phrase on it (though it's a phrase they use on other items, so it wasn't original) and the person had to go see if the phrase would fit before agreeing to make the piece. How is that not made for me? Someone else may have ordered it too, it was posted as an item once it was finished for me, but I helped come up with it and it was made for me.

This does not diminish the necklace or that I like it. It doesn't changed that the work was good, nor does it change that the necklace turned out wonderfully. I'm just kinda, I don't know... maybe offended? Or something, that I put effort into thinking of something that I wanted and worked with them to create it and they are saying the made it for someone else.

I feel like it shouldn't bother me, but I also told my friends about the necklace and was all excited to get it made. Then, I go to share the picture of it with them and it looks like I lied about it.

I don't know...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I agree with you, I would be bothered too.

January 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home