<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Date Night

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Date Night

My husband and I went on our first date night in ages last night. To be honest, I just can't get behind paying $10.50 for a movie and there is only one theater that offers a military discount near us and it's only a buck off. Grumble.

But, while we were trying to find a movie to see or a dinner to go to, we stumbled upon the best idea ever.... a 21 and up movie theater! They only allow persons of legal drinking age to enter. They actually card at the box office and will not give you your tickets until they have ID'd the entire group. Why you may ask? Because the lobby is a bar and the the theaters have tables so you can drink and order food! Now, there is a place like it in Bellevue, which is a ritzy part of the eastside, so we never go there. Everything in Bellevue is over priced. LOL! Sorry to anyone who reads my blog who may be from there. :)

So, Cinebarre (the theater) also offers a very nice military discount. So, we saw The Green Hornet remake, in 3D, and had drinks and dinner all while sitting in our seats. It was pretty neat. It made for an expensive date, but probably not any more expensive then going to dinner, having drinks, then buying full priced movie tickets, then getting snacks/drinks at concessions. So, I'm going with it. It was also pretty great to not have any screaming babies or annoying teenagers talking through the whole thing. I don't think this night out, fun as it was, will become a habit, we are still trying to pay down our debt, but it was night to do it.

And I discovered my new love affair.... Fried Pickles. A friend of mine told me about them. She talks about a restaurant from her home town in Minnesota that has them, but I found them at Cinebarre. Sooooooo delicious!!! I'm hooked. And now, I will have to make my husband promise to not take me there too often so it doesn't throw off my weight loss efforts. HAHA!


5 Comments:

Blogger kaitlin johnston said...

how fun ?! i have never heard of a place like that .. i'd love it ! whenever we go out to eat i always ask to sit in the bar .. kids can ruin a nice night out .. okay now that sounds bad .. but you know what i mean ! :) glad to hear you had a good time !

January 16, 2011 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Where in WA are you? We're in Everett =)

January 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Bit of Blue Sky said...

I LOVE Cinebarre! We don't have any up here but we have something similar, Cinema Cafe. It makes for a fun date night :)

January 16, 2011 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

A movie theater with no teenagers? That sounds like the happiest place on earth!

January 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Tori and Chad said...

I feel alittle kindred connection with you. See, I'm from Washington (don't worry not Bellevue - though I was born and raised in Yakima -most of my friends live in Kirkland ha!). Anyway, I just found your blog yesterday and I chuckled because I had fried pickles for the first time tonight! I loved them! Especially with Diet Pepsi!

January 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home