<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Why my bank rocks!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Why my bank rocks!

I was going through my mail today to prep all the bills I have to pay tomorrow. My husbands credit card statement was there, per usual, right on time. I opened it up to see that it says the Minimum Payment for this month is ZERO! I called the bank to make sure. I definitely don't want to pay nothing this month only to find out it was a typo and get charged for it later. I also went to our online banking and there it was- ZERO min payment.

The customer service gal on the phone said, "WOW! You're right. Let me do some digging, but it's possible it's a holiday gift" She dug, came back and told me that it was my banks holiday gift to the hubby and I! We get to skip our payment this month if we want to!

After all the financial hardships we've had in the last year or so, this is a very nice way to end the year. :) We have two credit cards paid to zero and we are going to cancel them next year. We have the loan we took out to pay for my school stuff almost paid off (as in, on more payment and we're done) and now this! It's kinda nice to be rewarded like this. Good Karma I guess, for putting up with all the times we didn't get paid (and our washer and dryer breaking first thing when we did finally get paid). We have been working so hard to pay off all of our debt, we have cut it in half in just the last 4-5 months and now this! YEA!

I don't know if we will really skip the payment in full, but it's will be nice to be able to just put a little on it this month so that we maybe do something fun like a date night. We haven't done that in ages!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home