<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: What a Crappy Way to Start the Week

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What a Crappy Way to Start the Week

Today was my first day of work this week...

I coughed up a storm, felt a million times worse by the time I got home and am now coughing so hard that my whole body hurts.

What makes it worse is that I got scratched by a cat- unprovoked, and bit in the face by a dog. She was a grumpy old gal, so I guess I should have taken better precautions. And I was assisting on the placement of a feeding tube on a cat that wouldn't stay under anesthesia and she ended up being awake just enough to bite the doctor. (I feel extra horrible about that because it feels like it was 100% my fault, even though the doc was really nice about it)

I would love nothing more than to call in sick until I feel better, but I can't.

Of the four techs, I have bronchitis, one is on vacation, one might have bronchitis (she at least has a cough/cold) and the last... Well, her husbands best friend was found by his parents this weekend having hung himself in their storage shed. He was found just in time, but is currently in a coma. Her husband had to fly home yesterday, but she had to stay here and work. So, I can't be the weak link who calls in sick to work. :(

It's a terrible way to start the week. I'm very happy that tomorrow is another half day, but Thurs and Friday are not. I just hope I can survive this week. Unfortunately, I have a history of working with bronchitis (usually against my doctors wishes) and ending up in the ER. In all fairness, I end up in the ER even if I don't work, and even if I'm am taking all my bronchitis meds, but it's a trend none the less. It will be very bad if that happens.

Last night, my codeine cough syrup wore off around 3AM. I couldn't take more because it takes 4-6 hours to get out your system and I had to be at work at 7. Driving there would have been a DUI. :( Which means I got no sleep... And did I mention that I'm allergic to codeine? It makes me itchy. And man, am I itchy! Tonight, I'm going to try to take some Benedryl with it and see if that helps. My doc suggested it to help since codeine really works the best for my bronchitis.
UGH! I just don't think this week is going to be any good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaylee said...

Oh girl I am so sorry! I hope you start feeling better soon!

December 15, 2010 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

FEEL BETTER!!! Its so interesting reading your blogs about your job in animal health, I see/do many of the same things..but with women/babies!!

December 15, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home