<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Thankful

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thankful

Man, having bronchitis, being unsure of my new job, holiday stress and all of that has made me grumpy. And I've noticed that I'm complaining about it all... ALOT!

So, to combat my sickly grumpiness, I'm going to list some things I'm thankful for.

1. I'm thankful that my parents gave me their crappy old, plastic Christmas tree. I love putting it together, branch by branch (even though my hands get cut on the plastic). It feels like I'm a kid again every time I look at it. Plus, it saves us money not having to buy our own. :)

2. I'm thankful for my husbands health insurance. Most of my sicky medications have not cost me anything out of pocket. And we have free health insurance through his work and I get to be on it for free as well. Can't beat that!

3. I'm thankful for Netflix! Being home sick for the last few days have been sucky, but I have Netflix instant watch through my Tivo to get me through the day.

4. I'm thankful for the invention of Tivo. I managed to watch everything yesterday, but I'm happy that I have Tivo to record my shows when I can't watch them so that I have them when I am stuck home sick.

5. I'm thankful for a husband who brings me cookies. He may not be helping me clean, or picking up after himself... And I may have had to ask multiple times.... But he brought me home a bag of my favorite cookies the other day. So, maybe he's not so bad. LOL! :)

6. I'm thankful that we are paying down our debt. We should be credit card debt free by August/September. My student loads should be paid off a year after that. Completely debt free (aside from our house) in less than two years is pretty awesome.

7. I'm thankful for my awesome friends. Many of them have been sending me well wishes on Facebook all week. It's nice to know that they are thinking of me.

8. I'm thankful that I got my Christmas shopping done early. All we had to do was get a few last minute gifts last week and stocking stuffers. Well, I was done with the stocking stuffers ages ago, but the hubby had to get his last week. But it means that I did not have to brave any horrible crowds this year.

9. I'm thankful for where I live. I managed to get all of my Christmas shopping done without have to go to the mall once! Thanks to the Navy Exchange, our little downtown area and the fact that some of our favorite places have their warehouses down the highway made for easy shopping this year. YEAH!

10. I'm thankful that my bronchitis seems to be clearing up. I'm not 100%, but I've managed to go most of the day without coughing until it hurt. Hopefully I will be well enough to go back to work on Thursday and be at my parents house for Christmas morning.


So, there is it. A list of things to be thankful for. I know it may not be a great list. It may not be exciting, but when I'm feeling grumpy it always helps to think of the little things in my life that are good so that I can remember that things are not so bad. And could be a lot worse. I have definitely had rougher months.... and worse years. Last year was pretty bad. So, I will say that sick or not, stuck at home or not, lazy hubby or not, job satisfaction issues or not, things are not so bad. And could be a lot worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home