<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Rough week

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Rough week

This was a rough week... Things at work seem to get better, then get suddenly worse again. I'm so frustrated. My boss (the head vet) told me today that he wants me to be getting better experience. He's not mad at me, he just asked me to be more pushy about getting to do stuff... That's fine... But I was prepping a patient for a surgery that I have never prepped for before and asked someone for help. I got very little guidance when she did, sorta explain to me what I should be doing. She watched me do it, then waited until after I was done to tell me that I should have done something different. Seriously. I'm so frustrated with stuff like that. Why not tell me all of the steps before I start to begin with?

To make matters worse, we have a kitty that has been hospitalized with us for a few days. She is not doing well. The owners let her go for a month without eating, while she lost almost 5 pounds, before bringing her in. We did what we could and she seemed to be improving a bit, then started going down hill today. I had to work late tonight so we could prep her and wait for the owners to come get her and take her to the emergency hospital. Sucky way to start my weekend. Hopefully she makes it through the weekend.

If that wasn't crappy enough, I thought things were getting better with the hubby. We had a long talk and were working on things. Yesterday, while I was at work, someone on the radio was talking about Christmas wishes and the person nominated for a Christmas wish was recently home from Iraq. It got me thinking about how hard it was to live away from my husband for a year and all of that jazz that comes with deployments. It made me think that, if we can survive that, we can survive anything with a little perseverance. After my husband got home from work, we were both sitting on the couch. I looked at him, deep in the eyes and said, "I really, really love you." He laughed, like I was making a joke. I looked at him again, and repeated, "No, I really, really love you." And he gave me a stupid look and just sat there, making a joke of it. I was so frustrated. What good does it do to talk to someone if they won't listen or take you seriously? What's the point?

But I have a four day weekend and I'm hoping that things will calm a bit and maybe some good time with my husband will be good for me and things will start looking up next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe I'm sorry it was such a crappy few days. I hope things look up!

December 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home