<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The New Year!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Year!

I started out the year killing myself in school. Couldn't sleep a wink. It took hours to fall asleep, I could only stay asleep for a few hours at a time and had horrible nightmares almost every night. My stomach was so sick that I vomited almost every morning. My husband was sitting on my couch, sulking, shutting out the world and generally ignoring me in every way. We were owed over $4,000 by the military for paychecks that never came. We owed my parents money because they had loaned us the money to pay our bills because the military didn't pay us. Our Washer/Dryer unit was broken and we were anxiously waiting to be able to afford to replace it. And our savings account was empty, and we were basically broke and hanging on to everything we own by a thread.

We are ending the year with me graduated with honors, working full time, washer/dryer replaced with new units that are energy efficient and saving us money (that are completely paid off!). The husband is back to work. He is still working on re-engaging with me, but he is trying. And that's what matters. I can sleep most of the night through without a sleeping pill. I never have to take my stomach meds anymore. My parents are paid off and so is one of our credit cards and a loan we took out earlier in the year. We finally got paid by the military and are paying down our debt.

If that wasn't cause enough to be happy.... We managed to pay enough of our stuff off that we actually had extra money this month! And, we refinanced our house, so we don't have to pay our house payment next month and are putting all that into savings as well. And we will start the new year saving $300 a month on our house payment, with a crazy low interest rate (just in the nick of time, since the rates are going back up now). And to make the last day of the year even better, our refinance called for the old bank to cash out our escrow account and we just received a hefty check in the mail, to be deposited tomorrow! I have no idea what to do with the money. Save it? Pay off more debt? Use some of it to buy something fun? No clue!

My new years resolution is to lose weight! Who's isn't? But I'm going to finally start eating better, ignore my husband when he bugs me that I didn't finish my meal, and work out at home a few days a week. My friend runs marathons etc and she and I are talking about running together to help keep each other motivated! Which is awesome because my other goal for next year is to run in our towns annual 5k.

So, I say: So long 2010! I do not wish you back again! I'm so happy to end on a good note, but it has been a crappy couple of years for this wife! Bring on 2011!

Happy New Years to you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger kaitlin johnston said...

Hi -

What a great post! At first when reading I felt so bad for you. My boyfriend and my dad are also in the military and we have had our fair share of struggles with all of that crap .. especially insurance! But I am so glad to hear that things are working out and money is coming in and things are getting paid off .. what a great feeling ! AND CONGRATS on graduating with honors ! how exciting ?! I look forward to continue reading about your journey :)

- Kaitlin

January 2, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home